Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We sourced this truck in Holland this summer. It's been a great truck. We have used it professionally on guided trips and a few rentals. I've been loving driving it but have decided to sell and invest in a camper build we have coming up.

The truck is in Tucson and available for test drives anytime.

Good.

Pretty rare truck in the US. (Any one have an idea how many might be here?)

They have gone for much more on BAT than I'm asking

Runs very well. I've done about 3000 miles in it without issue.

Nice interior with what appears to be new headliner.

One of the first 300tdi pick ups in the US

Long travel suspension set up for expeditions. Terra firma. Feels decent.

Comes with the Yakima rear rack and roof top tent. Take off 1000 if you dont want.

Original paint

Bulkhead is fine. Small surface corrosion on one corner.

Not so good

After removing the rear tub and wire wheeling the chassis we discovered some areas of rust and previous patching. All rust was cut out and patched. This has been done before in Holland too. Looks like the truck has been used in wet conditions quite a bit as it has raised axle breathers. Basically it is fine now but definitely shows its age. Rear x has been replaced and is in good condition.

Foot wells were rusted and have been replaced with YRM parts. A footwell lockable security box has been installed.

190k miles. And there are a few weeps in the engine bay. Doesn't drop more than an occasional drop of oil on my drive though.

Hood release is broken. I just pull the wire by hand.

Door bottoms are pretty rusted, predictably, behind that check plate. I have the part to fix but hadn't bothered as the doors actually work fine.

Rear tub has seen a working life and there is a funny round ding in the tailgate. But it works fine.

So all in all it's a bloody great truck. It's been super enjoyable to own.

29 k ONO

PM for more pics. It's also on FB marketplace. More there.

Had to include the one glam shot. The truck was hired to support a 100 mile gravel bike race recently. A fun gig that I would never have trusted the truck too had it not been mechanically sound.

Currently has about 1700 lbs of wood in the back. Drives great.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
My buddy Charlie has a blue one. I absolutely love this body style and loved borrowing it before he moved back East. Good luck with sale someone’s going to get very happy!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price drop to 24 (low as I'll go) not including rack and tent.

I've been using this daily.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drives well with a load of wood in

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting motivated to sell this. Can do it for 23 without the rack and tent.

No low ballers beyond that please.

I also have a 300tdi RHD 90 that's very nice. It's on FB for 19 bit I can wriggle a little on that.

Also have a nice 200tdi D90 LHD that is just getting done at the paint shop. Thats gonna be 26 when done this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts