Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1993 Defender V8 3.5 with LT77 manual 5 speed and LT230 transfer case, plus extras. Only 13k original miles (20,416km) Came out of fire rescue vehicle from the Netherlands which was always garaged and serviced. I purchased this set up last year from another member on Defender Source who had just pulled it to do an LS swap. I saw the truck it came out of in person and the motor running video at the time of removal is attached below. I had planned on using it in my series III 109 but have recently changed plans and have decided to rebuild the 2.25 to keep it original. The transfer case was not included when I bought the engine and trans so I sourced a 1.2 ratio LT230 from another defender which had less than 70k miles on it and is in excellent condition. All linkage is included. The motor and trans are basically as new and everything shown in the photos comes with the package, including the instrument cluster and full exhaust system, air cleaner canister, alternator, motor mounts, power steering reservoir, radiator, hoses, wiring, exhaust, and brackets. The only thing missing that I know of is the lower alternator mounting bracket. I will separate the trans from the motor and crate for shipping. I have loading capabilities as well and am at a commercial location. The exhaust system however will be for pickup only, to large to crate.

$4800 Firm

Anthony

Click here for cold start video

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm located in SW Michigan about an hr from Chicago. It is a nice package and very complete. I have been reluctant to sell but now need the space since I'm not using in my project

·
Registered
759 Posts
1993 Defender V8 3.5 with LT77 manual 5 speed and LT230 transfer case, plus extras. Only 13k original miles (20,416km) Came out of fire rescue vehicle from the Netherlands which was always garaged and serviced. I purchased this set up last year from another member on Defender Source who had just pulled it to do an LS swap. I saw the truck it came out of in person and the motor running video at the time of removal is attached below. I had planned on using it in my series III 109 but have recently changed plans and have decided to rebuild the 2.25 to keep it original. The transfer case was not included when I bought the engine and trans so I sourced a 1.2 ratio LT230 from another defender which had less than 70k miles on it and is in excellent condition. All linkage is included. The motor and trans are basically as new and everything shown in the photos comes with the package, including the instrument cluster and full exhaust system, air cleaner canister, alternator, motor mounts, power steering reservoir, radiator, hoses, wiring, exhaust, and brackets. The only thing missing that I know of is the lower alternator mounting bracket. I will separate the trans from the motor and crate for shipping. I have loading capabilities as well and am at a commercial location. The exhaust system however will be for pickup only, to large to crate.

$4800 Firm

Anthony

Click here for cold start video

View attachment 448219 View attachment 448220 View attachment 448221 View attachment 448222 View attachment 448223 View attachment 448224 View attachment 448225 View attachment 448226 View attachment 448227 View attachment 448228
$4,800 for everything pictured is a steal, GLWS!

·
Registered
161 Posts
How hard is a 19j with lt77 transplant to this package?
I am not afraid of learning... wife would love the diesel smell gone !

·
Mendicant
8,483 Posts
How much of a upgrade would it be ? Other than getting rid of diesel smell ?
a lot. I like Diesels but 19j is pretty mich the bottom of the barrel. You’re gonna get 30-40 more hp at least and you’ll also gain the lovely exhaust note.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Figured ... reading up on the 292 straight 6 conversion ... not worried about staying with a LR engine since this is a beach runner and not a height end nas .. the v8 looks like a good deal just getting it to Atlanta will be the issue ...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So for the late response, I've been traveling. The performance of the 3.5 is not much difference from the NAS V8. I've had both and honestly could not tell the difference. Good acceleration and a much quieter ride.

·
Registered
161 Posts
What an unbelievable price, power boost and, such a complete package for a 19J replacement - with no shaky, no stinky.

·
Registered
1985 Land Rover 90 3.5 V8
26 Posts
Hi there. Is this still available? Thinking about putting it into a 12J Defender 90 (1985 LHD). Any major challenges that you are aware of? Engine mount locations or transmission tunnel location? Feel free to PM me if still available. Thanks.
Keith.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts