Defender Source Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, that is a nice build. Commendable! And an entertaining post too. Thank you. I would really love to hear how you determined the trailing arm and sway bar components and matched them up (not the color, but the geometry). My D90 is enough for me off-road as it sits. But I would like to improve its on-road handling.

I'm waiting on my 4.6 now. That's my big project this year if the motor ever arrives. Currently running a blower on the stock 3.9. Runs strong, but tired.

I just got my Moto Lita wheel too. (What a wait!). But it is great. (BTW, I almost bought a place near JAX in Palm Coast but ended up staying in California.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m down by Naples with a ‘94 NAS D90 in Arles Blue. It’s still ALL original and ready for some upgrades - time to get it back on the road full time. Would love to pick your brain as I’m convinced I have no where near your wrenching skills!!! Awesome work!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yeah, that is a nice build. Commendable! And an entertaining post too. Thank you. I would really love to hear how you determined the trailing arm and sway bar components and matched them up (not the color, but the geometry). My D90 is enough for me off-road as it sits. But I would like to improve its on-road handling.

I'm waiting on my 4.6 now. That's my big project this year if the motor ever arrives. Currently running a blower on the stock 3.9. Runs strong, but tired.

I just got my Moto Lita wheel too. (What a wait!). But it is great. (BTW, I almost bought a place near JAX in Palm Coast but ended up staying in California.)
Thanks for the kind words! With the TF 2 inch lift the interwebz suggested that I correct the trailing arms and radius arms by 3 degrees.You can feel the difference driving with correct suspension geometry. Having the Rover have significant body roll around corners without any sway bars I knew I want to tighten that up, but didn’t want to sacrifice off-road articulation so I sought out the unlockable sway bar.

I would take Cali over FL any day…. Palm Coast has some cool looking mountain bike trails that I’m going to check out tmr.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I’m down by Naples with a ‘94 NAS D90 in Arles Blue. It’s still ALL original and ready for some upgrades - time to get it back on the road full time. Would love to pick your brain as I’m convinced I have no where near your wrenching skills!!! Awesome work!
ARLES BLUE BEST COLOR XFAR (seriously).
I really don’t have any wrenching skills… just a drive to take things apart and put them back together. Hit me up though! Post a pic of that beauty if you can.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I finally purchased the rest of the parts for the long travel setup. I’ll have a full set of Fox Shocks 2.0 for standard/2 inch lift for sale shortly. About 2,000 miles on them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I finally started working on the rear long travel set up. I finished the left side and I’ll sort the other side later this week. I’m excited to put some miles on this and see how it drives and then do a trail trip soon.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I installed a bulkhead reduction bar today. It was a very straight forward, but time consuming project. I’m pretty sure my Rover is going to rust from all the sweat from the Florida heat. I need to clean things up tomorrow and put the seats, etc back in, but I’m very pleased so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Just drove the Rover with the new parking brake… my drum brake must have been wayyyyy out of whack because it feels like I have 20 more hp now. I never understood how to adjust the drum properly and it was caked up pretty bad with mud and slop. I could have maybe tried more luck with the drum brake, but this one is a lot easier for me to understand.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts