Defender Source Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Another major upgrade..... I installed a Mota-Lita leather steering wheel, Raptor Engineering metal dash binnacle, LED headlights from SP Panels and a KBX front grill and light surround kit. It took quite a bit of time cutting and trimming the grill to fit around my front winch since I have the non-AC winch bumper. I made it look pretty darn good though. You can barely tell it was cut and trimmed even looking closely.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
A major handling upgrade..... a rear unlocking sway bar by X-Eng. What a bit of a kit. The Rover drives completely planted on the road and just unlock the hub and it disconnects for off road articulation. I also installed Terrafirma front caster correcting radius arms.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
And now a set of Gwyn Lewis double walled caster corrected rear trailing arms. Along with the sway bar and new front radius arms I can hoestly say this Rover handles fantastically on the road!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I’m now running a Gwyn Lewis rear dislocation hook system and front Gwyn Lewis long travel turrrets with Terrafirma 8 stage adjustable shocks with +5 inch travel. I also installed Terrafirma +2 inch medium load springs all around.
I need to order the Terrafirma +5 inch shocks for the rear yet. I already have the Gwyn Lewis rear shock mounts sitting in the garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 Land Rover 110 from Italy, 2 door, 2.5L Turbo, LHD
114 Posts
Congratulations and a fantastic job. What a great truck! This reminds me that I have to get off my butt and get rolling on all my 110 projects- inspirational :) .

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Congratulations and a fantastic job. What a great truck! This reminds me that I have to get off my butt and get rolling on all my 110 projects- inspirational :) .
Thanks!

Man, projects, plural? I can’t imagine having more than one of these things to wrench on!

·
Registered
1989 Land Rover 110 from Italy, 2 door, 2.5L Turbo, LHD
114 Posts
Let me know if you ever want to meet up. Do you have one of you Rovers here in FL?
I only have one and it's an 89 110 Euro from Italy. It stays in Duxbury Ma but I spend a lot of time in Amelia so I'll keep a look out - Would love to meet but it's always spur of the moment

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tech,
You have certainly chosen the right aftermarket kit, although I’d get rid of that winch and buy Red Winch…and better Discoverer STT Pro tyres will be a much better option…other than that you’ve got a truck almost as good as a Wolf XD ! LOL…

21 - 40 of 63 Posts