Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 1993 Defender 90 several years ago. It needed some love. Lots of love. I had a shop strip it down to the chassis, sandblasted, repainted and had a rebuilt gearbox and transfer case fitted along with rebuilt axles, new brake lines, bushings and a new fuel tank.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After getting the major overhaul done by a local shop it was now time to do my own work and tackle my own projects myself from here on out.

A bit of sound insulation and a retrim kit for the front seats. I had some help from my cute assistant.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I then got orders to move to Florida so I wanted to either install AC or a soft top..... I opted for the soft top. I got the Exmoor Trim XS version and went all out with the Safey Devises roll cage/hood set. With the soft top conversion I had to replace the rear tailgate... I got a galvanized one from SP Panels and also had to get a different spare tire carrier. I opted for the Mantec carrier. It was all a smooth install except for fitting the roll cage between the fuel tank and seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This was my first attempt at painting and body work.... it didn't come out too bad. The tail gate isn't perfect, but its better than I anticipated. Its been painted for over a year now and it still looks just as good. The clear coat was the hardest part.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I installed some LED interior lights in the front and rear along with a VDO oil pressure gauge. After driving 30 mins on the highway my hot oil pressure is right at 21 PSI which is perfect for the 200TDI.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 64 Posts