Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling the wife's 1991 RHD 2.5 Petrol 90. I purchased the vehicle approximately three years ago and completed some work to make it a bit more user friendly for her to drive during the summer months. I will post more detailed pictures of the normal areas of concern once I get back off a work trip here in the next week or so. $16,750

Good: Drives and Brakes as it should. Starts in Colorado Winter without issues.
Paint is approx. 2 years old (Arles Blue)
Decent All Terrains (One tire has tiny bit of rot)
Safety Devices Heavy Duty Hoop Set
New Transmission / Clutch installed by SAFARIHP
Power Steering installed by SAFARIHP
Rear Bench Seat (Bestop) Good Condition with seat belts
Front Seats in Good condition
New Dash Pad
New Rear load area matt
New Seat Box Cover
Working radio and speakers. USB charger installed
New Carburetor, Starter, and rear wheel cylinders
Swing away tire carrier
Locking Center Console
Changed belts, hoses, and thermostat
Bulkhead looks to have had it corners repaired by prior owner
LED Headlights

Bad: The frame has rust. I purchased this believing the frame was good and its not. Outriggers need replacing and there should be some patches welded. With that being said its not a train wreck. The wife had this as her daily driver the entire summer and I drive it a few days a week when home. We take it on day long trail rides / rallies with no issues. I was planning on doing a dirty frame swap with a good used frame and dropping in a 3.5 V8 but I need to complete a series build and will not get around to it. The doors are not horrible and are serviceable. They do have some rust but I have seen / owned way worse. The previous seller covered the underside with waxoyl over rust and I have been working to remove and clean up the goop. The heater is WEAK but works. There are a few hail dents.

Additional information: When I am away for work the 90 has been maintained by Eric at Pikes Peak Automotive and was seen a few weeks ago by Stephen at SAFARIHP. Feel free to call and ask for opinions. I will be replacing the binnacle due to a crack and two U-joints over the next week or two.

More pics to follow on the frame.

Asking $16,750

Attachments

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some pics of the frame and interior pics of the crossmember. As you can see some frame work is needed. Most of the work is required on outriggers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
just sent PM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts