Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Project vehicle $1111.00

Bought this a while ago with intentions on fixing it up but my direction has changed

The good: Hunter model-non-ABS brake system, manual/cloth seats, no sunroof. The body panels look pretty good/straight(lousy paint, though) Most interior pieces are there except the fuse box door(surprise)

The bad: look at it... its been neglected, has some rust in the usual spots but honestly not too bad.
Has been resprayed some time ago. Upper tailgate is shot, lower is dented.

Does it run? I honestly dont know, looks like it was last registered 6 years ago.

My plan was to put a 3.9(one I already owned) or Tdi in and just clean up the rust spots....:whistling:

I need this gone as a different project is taking over and I will never get to this one....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics- is there any way to get an iphone to post more than 1 picture at a time???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well, well, well...I think I discovered one reason this truck was a non-runner.
The fuel pump access door had never been removed before I did it 30 minutes ago.
Look closely at that ground wire for the pump.

There's a few inches of Montana dust/dirt sitting around the fuel pump ring.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another view- no way this ground was attached for quite a while- I just moved the wire to show it better

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For those who have asked- No, I have never even tried to start this truck.
However, if it doesnt move quickly, I may go ahead and take out the fuel pump and get any old gas out of the tank.
In light of this fuel pump ground, I might put some fresh gas in and see if she will start.:rolleyes

1 - 20 of 30 Posts