Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New project almost done ...

Restored 1991 LHD Defender 90 3.5 Litre V8 soft top in HERITAGE style ( with AC !!)

Full repaint in Heritage grey.

This is a matching nrs truck, original frame in very clean condition, imported from southern europe and rebuild in our shop. zero rot on the bulkhead and floors.

Recent work carried out :

Strip down, all panels painted seperately in Heritage grey
Full overhaul of front and rear suspension
Full overhaul of front and rear brakes
Cylinderheads rebuild and engine serviced
Mantec Spare Wheel carrier installed
5 powdercoated WOLF rims with new Goodyear MT/R tyres
LED indicator, side markers and taillights
OEM Landrover Autobiography LED headlights
New galvanised front bumper, Heritage grill and headlight surrounds
All bodycappings new and galvanised
3 new Military style half doors installed with sliding window removable doortops
Rear crossmember in gloss black
PUMA style front seats in perforated diamond stitched leather
Complete dashboard retrim in matching leather
Matching perforated daimond stitched leather jumpseats
All new hardware used throughout the build

Price 55000 euro at current exchange rate.

We can deliver anywhere in the world at extra cost.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,016 Posts
That was euros but still. The VIN is in both ads. Wasn't sure if this guy was a US reseller for these.

·
Registered
383 Posts
it seems the US-Defender.com is authorized to sell or is a sales agent to River House Mini.

Converting the euros to Dollars, it is 63k compared to 85k..

I am guessing the shipping of the car and duty fees and lets say 10% to 15% commission fees is included in the 85K but you still have to pay taxes towards the 85k after purchasing it..

·
Premium Member
12,016 Posts
it seems the US-Defender.com is authorized to sell or is a sales agent to River House Mini.

Converting the euros to Dollars, it is 63k compared to 85k..

I am guessing the shipping of the car and duty fees and lets say 10% to 15% commission fees is included in the 85K but you still have to pay taxes towards the 85k after purchasing it..

They are? I saw this truck went to Switzerland but it's on this site listed with the same vin but now a v8.

I'm not against them selling these trucks, I just wasn't sure if they were indeed selling them or showing the pics as they will create the same thing.

·
Registered
383 Posts
They are?

I'm not against them selling these trucks, I just wasn't sure if they were indeed selling them or showing the pics as they will create the same thing.
From looking at their website, they have posted pictures of cars for sale from the Mini House back yard.. Almost all photos are from holland..

I think No one is against it, for sure I am not. Everyone has the right to do what ever they wish hoping they are straight forward with information..

I dont see that they are creating the same vehicle. US-Defenders must have some sort of connection with Mini House, like a middle man that has taken care of the shipping, duty fees and etc..

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Same truck but what a difference in price. 55k and 85k?

It was priced at 55000 euro excl freight and shipping , at todays rate that is roughly 64000 usd plus about 5000 in shipping, handling, import and clear US title.

Anyway, it is sold and delivered.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Correct, went to Switzerland but I just shipped another Heritage in Mocco Latte to the USA.

Not sold yet

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is a very nice Landy! You guys didn't miss a beat on this one. I've never seen one quite like this. This is definitely my fav, so far! Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
US-Defender.com is not a sales agent from RiverHouse. They bought one truck from us, but probably needed some pictures to fill their website.

I prefer to deal direct with end customers to keep the price down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts