Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already started a thread about this car in the Flea Market, now it is time to put it up for sale.

This might be the 110 with the lowest mileage in the USA. Every single mile is documented in a logbook. This car is almost new and I don’t think you can find anything here in the USA which is closer to a new 110 then this.

It belonged to a Swiss firestation and was in service until May this year. As a fire truck it carried a generator in the back and had some flood lights on the roof. Further it has some oxygen tanks and other small equipment. Never used as a pump engine or other heavy equipment.

I imported it and it passed customs without any problem. Ones at my place I removed all the fire equipment and tried to bring it back to a standard Land Rover 110 Stationwagon. Put it an almost new leather interior from a 2006 110 TD5 and installed a set of new Boost wheels and new tires. The car still had its original tires tires but being 26 years old, I think a little to old for tires.

The good:

• Everything, this car is almost new.
  • NO RUST, no where, not even a little bit in a hidden corner or so. Beside its low miles and always stored inside it also has had regular anti corrosion treatments.
  • New original Land Rover Boost wheels with new tires.
  • Almost new Leather interior.
  • Drives like new, brakes, engine, transmission. Not much to say about a new car, just good.
  • Body al straight, no dents, no scratches.
  • I am not sure but the color comes close to the Land Rover G4 models/
  • Car comes with log book which shows every mile it ever drove.
  • Factory tool set is still there, never used, and I might have been the first who opened the little tool bag. Also jack is never used.
  • New Mantec spare wheel carrier
The bad:

• The original color of this car was green. Only the outside was painted red/orange.
  • Due to the special equipment there are some holes left in the floor and in the roof. I tried to plug everything. In the floor you don’t see them anymore due to the mats, in the roof you can still see the attachments points for the different lights.
  • The rear part of the headliner is sagging.
The car has air brakes for a trailer. Quite common in Europe for heavy trailers, not so here. I left it in place for somebody who wants a compressor on board but I can also remove the whole system if you want.

I am only showing one picture of the frame, simply because the frame is as new.

I find it very difficult to put a price on this car.
Based on what I see for sale here in US, I think $ 100K would even be reasonable. On the other hand if I put it in line with other low mileage cars I sold myself, I would say $ 70 K would be reasonable also.

Although I never sold anything through Ebay, I will list this one there too, just to see if there is a bigger public out there who might be interested.

Price include MI title.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,109 Posts
outstanding Johan... GLWTS

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts

I think it should be painted back to original Conniston Green. Beautiful Truck. Its a toss up as to whether a Defender is actually worth it for a collection and keep the mileage low, or Drive it and enjoy it.
Its like when I was a kid my dad would put horrid vinyl seat covers on his car so its easier to sell to the next owner .

Drive to enjoy.

·
Premium Member
7,755 Posts
I think it should be painted back to original Conniston Green. Beautiful Truck. Its a toss up as to whether a Defender is actually worth it for a collection and keep the mileage low, or Drive it and enjoy it. Its like when I was a kid my dad would put horrid vinyl seat covers on his car so its easier to sell to the next owner . Drive to enjoy.
x2 and do the respray right the second time.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Absolutely beautiful truck, Johan. The leather interior looks great. Best of luck with the sale. You do impeccable work.

·
Registered
323 Posts
So you were the one who outbid me... :whistling:

I have seen this car in real life, it truely is a as new Defender, the one lucky enough to buy this one will not be disappointed!

GLWS!

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So you were the one who outbid me... :whistling: I have seen this car in real life, it truely is a as new Defender, the one lucky enough to buy this one will not be disappointed! GLWS!
Haha this one time, normally it is you who gets them first...

Thx for the nice comments

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
It is safe to assume the depth of the history, detail, photos and disclosure in your Defender for sale posts instill confidence with your audience. Well done. Keep up the great work.

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Bummer I was still holding hope for winning the lotto this weekend ;-) Someone got a nice truck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts