Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Truck is/was a Carmichael fire truck. Very cool, awesome drive anywhere condition with only 24k orig miles. Currently fitted with brand new 285/75's but I can come up with white steelies and 7.50 16's for a purist. Pump and fire truck beacons removed.
Waiting on a price back from UK owner.

Color =fire truck red

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Photos?

No photos is a cruel tease.......

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No photos is a cruel tease.......
Its bad ass Dave. Took it for a spin last night. Its a two door van configuration with roll up sides.
Trey, Cabell, and I all three saw that as the ultimate frig etc. access.
Its got Carmichael badges all over, just very cool truck with no rust and uber low mileage.

A fire truck for a fireman......just saying

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Did they remove the crockpot and skillet? Firemen need to be able to make chili on a moments notice and soccer mom's love the pancake breakfasts......

For those wanting pictures, I'm sure there's a calendar out there somewhere with this truck in it, firefighters love their calender shoots so Google might be the answer.

Jokes aside, sounds like an awesome truck and probably meticulously maintained.

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have a folio of all records for the truck to include every item ever replaced down to light bulbs and expired tax discs. Not that its needed much in its first 24k. I repeat, no rust in chassis, bulkhead or doors. There are Masai panoramic windows in the back of the truck that I can install to replace the roll ups but.....I like the roll ups.

"History is was it was one of 5 converted by Carmichael for the North Wales Fire service for use in remote areas, it used to have a huge water tank, pump etc fitted.

They barely used it and dry stored it, the guy I bought it from got it with less than 20k miles if i remember correctly, and then decommissioned it and replaced pretty much everything back to standard. Chassis and Bulkhead are like new, he religiously filled the chassis with waxoyl every year, jacking it up each end and giving it 3 days to run through each end!

He then barely used it himself except to potter to the shops, once he bought a Series Lightweight project it had to go to raise funds and I bought it. Really does drive well, its quiet a time warp vehicle.

It has Masai windows with it that were going to be fitted to replace the roller shutters, was then going to have it painted as it has usual galvanic corrosion spots and the paint fades if not polished every week. We fitted power steering before shipping it to US, used a brand new steering box and pipes etc."

Hope to have an asking price shortly. He's looking around @ what uber low mileage trucks are selling for and there just aren't many comps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
I got texts from two different forum members yesterday wondering if this was my truck being returned to me by the feds....

ForumRunner_20150717_135246.png

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I got texts from two different forum members yesterday wondering if this was my truck being returned to me by the feds....

View attachment 125271
Transporters duramax had a rainbow decal and then a gay veteran decal. He kept hanging around after unloading , Trey was starting to freak but the dude finally rolled

------ Follow up post added July 18th, 2015 12:17 AM ------

For those in the know, yes that is the famous Hit Man Bobby's tdi fire and ice 110 (Texas plates give it away) next to the Carmichael. Yes its for sale, he's now in the oil business and going wildcat and needs to buy a drilling rig.
All three trucks in the pictures are here on consignment.

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
192 Posts
It looks as though this one is sold. You guys missed a smoking deal. Congratulations to the new owner.
Super excited Doug! Thanks for putting this together :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts