Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting my '88 110 up for sale regrettably. I have a minimum 60 mile daily drive that really requires something more fuel efficient. I'm not in a position to have another vehicle just for work.

I purchased the truck from a British expat in Florida, who had had it restored in the UK and then imported it. It has 53k miles on right now (I have an MOT from before it was imported that seems to confirm this mileage). The frame is in perfect condition and was powder coated during the restoration, no corrosion anywhere. It also has some nice upgrades in the upholstery and carpet (see pics), brit part shocks and springs, larger wheels and tires.

It's the 3.5l V8. The truck is restored, but it's not a concours restoration. You can tell pretty well from the pics the condition.

Asking $39,900. I can be contacted at [email protected]. Vehicle is located in North Carolina for anyone close enough that wants to come see it.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
I like the back seat headrests. Is that the way they come or are they from something else? I also like that it has a bench in the cargo area but the second row seats aren't vertical as a result. I always see the bench with the low back second row seats that look like you are siting in a big L bracket. Looks great. Cleanest 3.5 engine bay I have ever seen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is the way (back seat head rests) it came when I bought it. It had these seats and they have leather covers. I like them better than the stock seats without headrests, and they're safer to in the event of behind hit from behind (i.e. they'll lessen whiplash).

Also, this truck is PENDING SALE! A local guy looked at it today, and put down a non-refundable deposit. I'll let you guys know if it falls through.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey All,

The sale fell through unfortunately. The guy wasn't able to find the financing, which can be admittedly challenging on an '88.

So please contact me at jjmontesanto @ hotmail.com if you're interested!

Jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, pending sale again. This time I think the chances are very good it's sold. The previous buyer had difficulties securing financing for a 1988 vehicle. I did too, but luckily have top tier credit.

The current buyer has no issues with credit. I found online that he donated $15 million to a hospital. So . . . I'm pretty sure he can afford this Defender.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts