Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The guys came over to take a look at the truck. (Bill, Charles, Rick, Russell and Goose)

The motor bay WAS very clean and looked very well taken care off.

After Rick did his diesel magic... the motor started. Charles and Rick took it for a spin to see if it was a stuck ring that needed some persuasion. But no luck.

Bill convinced them to trouble shoot further and removed the cover to see if it was a bad valve spring.

It looks like it may be a bad head gasket. I'm ordering a set today.

More to come...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are some happy guys! Where's the pic of the owner and the truck??
I forgot... That IS the only one I have.

I should have taken a pic of the motor bay... it was VERY clean. Now it's oily.

·
Registered
162 Posts
For your sake I hope its a head gasket. Supposedly Landrover fixed the major issues in the later 19j's but that was around 1989, can't say which type this is.

·
Premium Member
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For your sake I hope its a head gasket. Supposedly Landrover fixed the major issues in the later 19j's but that was around 1989, can't say which type this is.
When I get home I'll look the motors serial number.

I read last night it was around 1988 and when it comes to document control this guys (LR) SUCK.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Expensive seats, lashes, maybe some under carriage LED lighting. Killer stereo.
Dog guard, 2" lift, wheel spacer, bumper, diff guard, tree sliders, what else am I missing?

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I'm changing my number and moving to a KKK compound so Pedro cannot contact or otherwise get a hold of me at all...

Reactions: JSBriggs

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
I'm changing my number and moving to a KKK compound so Pedro cannot contact or otherwise get a hold of me at all...
you my friend are in trouble....and I think Newman has changed his cell number.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts