1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1988 Land Rover 110 2.5TD LHD
Mileage:81,967 mi.
Price:$44,000
Trident Green.White roof.Grey cloth interior.Sunroof.5spd. No air conditioning.
Imported from the mild climate of Verona, Italy where it spent its entire life.I have owned it since April and it has been a fantastic vehicle. Original paint with exception of hood,front end and passenger fender. I believe it had spare wheel mounted on hood causing damage to paint. It presently has new wheel carrier mounted to rear. It was already installed at time of purchase.The interior is very nice. Seats are in as new condition with exception of one small tear in vinyl on back of rear seat.Chassis /outriggers/rear cross member and bulkhead are corrosion free. I have not undercoated,waxoyled or painted anything underneath.I want prospective buyers to be able to see the sound condition of problem areas.
Current mileage is 81,967mi. with only 7,000mi. on rebuilt engine. The work was peformed by De Bortoli Rino Factory 4x4 in Verona Italy.
Major items were as follows:
Piston kit. Block bored +0.50 over
Bearings/connecting rod bearings
Intake/exhaust valves/guides
New oil pump
Timing belt/tensioner
New injection pump and injectors
New water pump
New turbo
New motor mounts
New radiator
New rotors/pads/brake lines/brake shoes/wheel cylinders/calipers
Rear main seal
New clutch kit
All fluids and belts
The total cost was $10,750. I have receipts.
Since April I have changed all fluids and filters.New battery. One shot in swivel balls.Front mudflaps.Rear brake light assemblies.New brake master cylinder.New turn signal switch. Hazard switch. 5 new 235/85/16 Cooper AT3 tires.
I have all import documents in order. Presently registered/titled/licensed and insured. It even passed emissions here in Colorado.There will be no surprises when purchasing this 110.
Starts easily from cold.Drives and shifts very smoothly. Suspension is compliant.No clunks or rattles. It struggles a little climbing steep mountain passes at high altitude but certainly can't be faulted for that. It never overheats.Brakes do a fine job with no fade.
This is a nice clean 110 and will be a joy to own. There is no off road damage to vehicle. It was a city vehicle owned by a lady who ran a hotel in Verona.
Thank you for reading my ad.I look forward to hearing from enthusiasts

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1988 Land Rover 110 More Photos

More photos of 110

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Agreed, a very clean looking truck. GLWTS

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1988 Land Rover 110 More Photos

More 110 Photos

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,797 Posts
Nice to finally see pictures of her Darryl. Sorry you are selling but gorgeous truck. Let me know if you ever want to import another. Darryl is a great guy to work with for those considering this truck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1988 Land Rover 110

Hey Doug.Great to hear from you.Thanks to you and all the the members for the positive comments.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Land Rover 110

Hello Keith
The 110 will be at the English Motoring Conclave in Arvada Co. Sunday if you know anyone in the area.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts