Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know I know, I have had many rovers. So this will be my second D90 but first hard top. I would like to consider this truck a "build" in attempts to keep my interest and provide a long term relationship rather than the flings of late (LR3,RRc, 03 Disco, 90ST).

Purchased it from a Gent named Andy, "UserName" forum member, from Hanover, New Hampshire. Good guy and was a great seller. This buyer/seller combo is a little ironic due to the back story.

Story: As some of you were aware I was looking for a 110. Well, the familiar "Janey" 110 popped up for sale at a pretty good price. I jumped at the offer and had a solid response from the seller, offsite in Alaska, and was eagerly looking to finalize the deal the following morning. Well the next morning a local buyer closed the deal with the sellers family member, independently, here is the states, prior to my discussion with the seller . I was bummed missing out but the hunt continued.

In the meantime a 90 popped up and had a lot of the mechanical "wants" that I was hoping to put into a 110 and was priced well. I decided to pull the trigger and get on with a build. Seller accepted my offer as he was really wanting to concentrate on his new project 110.

So after looking through at least 100 pics during the purchase I noticed a red 110 in the distance, then it clicked, based on his location, the red 110, and his name sounding familiar, that must be "Janey"! Sure enough it was, he was the "local guy". Guess it’s a small community.

She arrived last night as described. In the next several weeks I plan to first go over the mechanical, fluids, etc. Then move on to the mods. Plans are 2" SG springs, TF shocks, Freestyles, 265/75 Duratracs, TF Winch Bumper, Hitch, Swing away Tire carrier, HD steering rods/Ends, Steering Skid, Winch, Bulkhead removal bar, High lift mount, siders, bestop fold and tumble bench seat, etc. I will post pics of before, during and after for your amusement.

More to follow.

Adam

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Progress today.
Gave it a good look over. Has typical leaks surface corrosion here and there but she is sound. Today I cleaned up a lot of the low hanging items. Removing rusted side steps, old hitch, rear step. Also pulled out rear carpet pading and a few carpet pieces.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Awesome!
Since I can't make it to the happy hour, I will have to stop by sometime to check out the 90.

Let me know if you need help with something.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More progress. Put the +2 spring and tf shock on one corner. Then little guy woke up from nap :) plan to finish other side tonight. Then rear later in the week.

Old spring was weak and shock was well past its life.

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Too funny about Janey. I'll have to see if this "UserName" fella has posted here about her yet.

Coincidentally I have been looking for a picture like you have just posted, trying to see if my axle position looks right. I'm too lazy to rotate your pics, but can you confirm that you axle looks centered under the top sprint seat on your truck, and not forward of it, like mine?

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f6/radius-arm-lengths-and-axle-position-63198.html

tia,
charles

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One side done. Holy rusted spring seat! Looks like I need to hang more weight on truck if I plan on getting it back out the garage door. Will be close!

Loving it. Looks like a different truck. Sliders and winch bumper and swing away carrier next.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would have lost sleep thinking if the 90 was now too tall to exit the garage. Had a few free minute this afternoon. SUCCESS! clears by maybe 1". Turned her around, will finish the driver side wednesday. More to follow..

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finished the lift, was able to pull out all the jump seats in preparation for a fold and tumble forward facing bench seat. Mounted Terrafirma winch bumper still waiting on winch to show up.

Still on the list of things to do steering rods tie rod ends bulkhead removal bar and some other miscellaneous stuff

And yes before you ask the truck was Aries blue before the Coniston green.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sliders in garage just need time. Cage.. will need to wait till you get the bender going again ;)

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Installed seat tonight. Still need one bolt for part of lap belt but... was able to tie into floor cross bars along with backing plates.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts