Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Truck is located at Foley's Special Vehicles in the UK. Sold as is, where is. No engine is included. Will require a complete restoration after importation. Correct drivetrain and hicap bed are available from Foley's along with interior parts, doors and whatever else you might need. $7500usd image-722355076.jpg image-1210107119.jpg image-1531084686.jpg image-459591595.jpg image-1161718020.jpg

image-4259098744.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,823 Posts
based on my discussions with Matt it does come with the V5 which is akin to a UK title.
In order to import as a vehicle it will need a drivetrain under the bonnet. Id also suggest buying the hcpu bed in the UK as they are pretty short on the ground this side.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
sorry, that's what I meant. Any idea what they'd charge to put a jenky drivetrain in to get it moving?

·
Premium Member
13,823 Posts
sorry, that's what I meant. Any idea what they'd charge to put a jenky drivetrain in to get it moving?
Foleys is good but far from cheap. I just had them pull a tdi drive train and re-install 2.25 petrol
in a 109 so I can ship it to Tacoma.

Your best bet is to contact Stuart or Paul directly and ask.

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
Foleys is good but far from cheap. I just had them pull a tdi drive train and re-install 2.25 petrol in a 109 so I can ship it to Tacoma. Your best bet is to contact Stuart or Paul directly and ask.
But whatever work they perform is nothing short of perfection
Needless to say, they always make themselves available to answer your queries

·
Premium Member
8,969 Posts
But whatever work they perform is nothing short of perfection
Needless to say, they always make themselves available to answer your queries
Bingo ^. After I purchased my 127 from a private party, I sent it to Foleys for a mechanical refresh and to ensure everything was up to par. Stuart (and Paul) are aces all around no doubt, would go above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of - and the entire time he had my vehicle I never worried since I knew it was in great hands.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The buyer of this truck just sent me a couple pictures with the caption "Just picked it up and headed home, yay!" image-84259875.jpg

image-3880160178.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts