Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Next project is undergoing transformation from a fairly modest original LHD 2.5 td 90 to a nice open top Beach cruiser.

Strip and repaint in Gray Line X
Wings , innerwings, floors removed for coating
All hardware CAD plated
2 new galvanised military doors with new doortops
military style front bumper
roll cage powdercoated
10 x 15 inch rims with huge 35 inch Maxxis Trepador tyres
All new lights, spare on the rear door
Perfect chassis, new springs, new shocks, new brakes.
Engine serviced, seals replaced, all filters and fluids replaced.

Choice of interior can be fitted.

Price $ 23500 delivered to port in Europe.

Port collection in the US, custom brokerage and handling, importation, clear US title on request. Please email me direct on [email protected]

I have another Black Line D90 Stationwagon with Tdci forward facing jump seats ready to go as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not enough hrs in the day for the past few weeks, too many customers projects on the go with 3 LHD 110's leaving next week. Finally a day to fit the custom made soft top to our latest Line X truck,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All seats installed, truck partically done apart from new exhaust, bonnet catch installation.

Steel Mantec cubbybox fully Line-X'ed
New PUMA XS half leather front seats with heaters
New forward facing XS half leather loadfloor jumpseats
Bulkhead removal bar installed
Exmoor sound deadening matting
New doortrims.
New LED lights front and rear
Extra wide arches.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Interesting dash moldings. Someone making aftermarket replacements?
Looks like stock with a leather/ette glued wrap. With all the custom tops he does, he probably had the coachworks shop do it. Really nice! A bit posh for an open truck, but still a nice touch to compliment leather xs seating.

Awesome build yet again! I'm always checking/drooling over your inventory and hope to someday so a contract build with you.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like stock with a leather/ette glued wrap. With all the custom tops he does, he probably had the coachworks shop do it. Really nice! A bit posh for an open truck, but still a nice touch to compliment leather xs seating.

Awesome build yet again! I'm always checking/drooling over your inventory and hope to someday so a contract build with you.
Thanks for your kind words !! You are right, original dash pieces trimmed in leather. Some more from a later Td5 below

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just curious Rivermike, does it take longer for your built up rovers to clear customs? The steering, center console on the dash, grill would cause some delays I would think.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just curious Rivermike, does it take longer for your built up rovers to clear customs? The steering, center console on the dash, grill would cause some delays I would think.
No really, that is not what customs is concerned about .... I have been shipping trucks to the US for many years and also the last 2 years we have had no issues with customs.

·
Premium Member
8,969 Posts
No really, that is not what customs is concerned about .... I have been shipping trucks to the US for many years and also the last 2 years we have had no issues with customs.
I can second Mike's reputation, and he has in fact been sending trucks from the Netherlands to US for years without issue. He certainly knows the drill by now, and on a side note is a stand up guy that you can put your faith and confidence in to.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can second Mike's reputation, and he has in fact been sending trucks from the Netherlands to US for years without issue. He certainly knows the drill by now, and on a side note is a stand up guy that you can put your faith and confidence in to.
By no means am I trying to suggest otherwise or sabotage his sale listing. I import defenders as well and just wanted some insight on how customs looks at restored ones with a few newer parts that weren't original items for that year. I have been very reluctant to consider importing anything that looks too good so far, sticking to unrestored vehicles with bruises and patina. If its being shipped RORO I guess a little extra scrutiny from customs won't hurt too much but demurrage/storage can really add up if its in a container. I know the definition of originality is the original configuration, which means frame, engine, drivetrain should not be altered so its fine from that standpoint.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts