Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another Line X truck is almost done in our European Workshop :

1987 LHD Landrover 90 Stationwagon , ex Military with excellent frame and very low mileage on 2.5 NA Diesel engine only done 83400 km / 51820 miles since new.

Stripped and entirely coated in Black Line X, iside / outside / floors / doors / roofpanel
Lots of parts blasted and powdercoated , all hardware CAD plated
Black powdercoated diamond plating on wingtops / sills and rear quarters.
Rear tub modified to take Tdci / PUMA forward facing jump seats
Tdci / PUMA fibreglass hood installed
New rear door and rust free front doors installed with brand new door tops.
LED lights taillights and front indicators and side lights, Crystal clear front lights.
New springs and shocks installed
Massive 10 x 15 rims with huge 35 x 12.5 x 15 Kuhmo tyres
XXL fender extensions , also 'Line-X'ed
All original chassis, never been welded or repaired, entirely cleaned and coated
Refurbished dashboard, military light swithc removed and installed std Defender switch
Tdci / PUMA front seats with matching foward facing Tdci / PUMA jumpseats with OE seatbelts

Price $ 24500 delivered to port in Europe.

We can organize ocean freight to east coast or west cost ports in the US at extra cost, guaranteed custom clearance. Or we can arrange delivery to my US agent in West Chester PA.

Feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] for more information about this great truck

Attachments

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will be installing the PUMA Tdci jump seats later this week.

Just installed black powdercoated tubular front bumper.

SVX side steps came back from the Line-X shop this AM

Pics below

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,110 Posts
Did you linex the frame?
Was each individual piece line x'd? Then put back together?
Looks like all nuts and bolts were linex'd too, individually?

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you linex the frame?

No the frame was not linex'ed.

Was each individual piece line x'd? Then put back together?

Yes, all doors, floorpans, transmission tunnel, seatbase lids were linex'ed seperately, all new nuts and bolts installed, all hardware CAD plated.

Looks like all nuts and bolts were linex'd too, individually?

Only the doorbolts were put in to keep the thread clean, we through away the coated bolts and replace everything for new CAD plates ones.

My best regards,Michael

------ Follow up post added June 14th, 2015 06:19 PM ------

The Line-X logo? lol

Is this what the market wants?

So it seems, the other Line-X truck which I shipped sold within 3 days. With this stuff, you either love or or you hate it. Doing 2 more , one in grey and one in tan.

Besides these Line-X trucks I have 3 more 5 door LHD 110's, 2 3 door LHD 110's and 3 LHD 90's in normal high gloss paint.

·
Premium Member
6,363 Posts
I like it and think the line-x looks great! I like permanent solutions. Looks even better with all the trimmings (bumper, grills, steps, etc.)! Very choice! I'm curious about the doors? Is it just the angle and lighting that makes them look a bit different in sheen or color? I just didn't see any mention of it and I know that anything you do is excellent and entirely intentional. Just curious.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the remarks, pos. and neg. We will be building several other 90 and 110's in high gloss paint but this is cool stuff too.

Doors seem out of color in the first pics set, probably the angle in which pics were taken. Truck is almost done now, see pics below, will upload more pic later.

Add a new winch bumper, new sidesteps and line X headlight grill.

The Tdci FF jumpseat are a very nice addition, we also installed the shoulder belt anchorage point so they are also fully functional , great for taking the kids on a outing,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
973 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,808 Posts
That exactly how I want my seatbox to come out! Looks perfect with the plated fasteners. And those lock n folds in the back look just right as well.

Too bad someone didn't make a flat fender flare option like the Jeep ones I've seen. It would be a really nice option for a low slung rig with bigger tires like this.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mike,

I really like your last listing. 1988 LHD, 110...:popcorn:
Mark which one was that ... ?

The 1988 LHD 110 Soft Top in Arles Blue, it was shipped , landed and cleared customs last week, has a clear NC title now since today and on its way to Texas now

or

My 1988 LHD 110 5 door 2.5 Td in White which is still in Europe ?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Mark which one was that ... ? The 1988 LHD 110 Soft Top in Arles Blue, it was shipped , landed and cleared customs last week, has a clear NC title now since today and on its way to Texas now or My 1988 LHD 110 5 door 2.5 Td in White which is still in Europe ?
My personal favorite, although they are all exceptional, has been the limestone 110.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My personal favorite, although they are all exceptional, has been the limestone 110.

Thanks for your kind words Bryan. We will be doing another LHD D90 in Bonatt Gray i, 1989, push button doors, 2.5 4 cylinder petrol, done only 65000 miles. Also on the list is a 1985 lift up door handle 110 5 door in Arles Blue.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Almost done now, doing another D90 in LineX Gray

This black Line X D90 will be shipped to the US in 2 weeks time. We are currently building another one , a full soft top version, but in Line X Gray. See below

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.