Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funnest Defender I have ever owned.

Bought in Wales last year. Been in Tucson since Jan.

1987 2.5 NA ( runs great. I cruised to Phoenix at and average of 64mph a few weeks ago)

Every thing works properly

I just don't need right now so I wanted to see what the market would throw up. So many speculative Ebay adverts out there and over priced stuff so I put on a 7 day no reserve auction.

I turned down 19 a few weeks ago. Perhaps a bit foolish but I think this is worth a fair bit more to the right person that wants a decent simple fun truck that's ready to use.

Speedo is in kms and juat past 160k

So a hair over 100k miles.

I have 3000 ish of those.

Chassis fine. No welding but lots of layers of old MOD paint on there. Doors fine. Bulkhead fine.

See Ebay auction here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should have mentioned.

I have a low mile 200tdi we can install if a buyer wants.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Defender did 70 once without using a drop of fuel. The tow truck was amazing.
Dude. I have a ticket from the cops on that journey with 65 mph on it!

I've been well over 70 I'm this in uk and in az with a GPS.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Interesting, my 87 with a 19j did 55mph once in its life. down hill with a tail wind if i remember correctly. cool looking truck, good luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
I passed Marcus on the side of the highway while he was getting that speeding ticket! It happened. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I passed Marcus on the side of the highway while he was getting that speeding ticket! It happened. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually it was a ticket fot use of phone.

I was so thrilled to be cruising at 70 thst I pulled out my phone to video.

You guys that are bragging about how slow your 12js or 19j s are have somthing wrong with them.

This truck is slow on steep hills but clips along at 65 on the flat no problem at all.

Thsts a fact and if anyone wants to see send me your number and I'll make you a video. There are some on our IGTV feed too.

I don't bs that stuff.

As for rhe comment about the 19j going that fast down hill.. come on. Those aren't great engines for sure but a good one can hold 70 in a 90

But clearly these aren't really suitable for daily use on the freeway. Its not fun getting buffeted and passed by semis but of you have to you can.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No it's a blue grey primer. We were going to paint it Nardo grey in uk but after a few coats of primer it looked so good next to the galv cappings that we just left it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sold for 18300 on ebay. Had really good communication over the week with the winning bidder.

A very solid truck at a very solid price.

Probably won't ever be able to sell one at that price again.

I'm really turned around on rhe 12j trucks now. This one really was probably my favorite Defender ever in a lot of ways.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Congratulations on the sale. eBay is a crapshoot with flaky buyers and unrealistic (at best) sellers but it sounds like you got a good buyer that came through. The buyer got a nice truck for a fair price too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts