Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale : 1986 LHD ex military Landrover 90 Soft Top with brand new Black mohair top.

This truck has not been restored to our usual standard but with light refurbishment it became a very presentable truck. Mileage is 161539 km equals to about 100375 miles. Original frame in very good shape, some paint defects as can been seen in the pics below.

The following work has been carried out :

* new black Boosts with new General Grabber 235 85 16 tyres
* new powderocoated springs and new shocks, new bumpstops
* new black powdercoated diamond plaiting on wingtops, sills and rear quarters.
* new black powdercoated hoodframe and rollbar.
* new black powdercoated sidesteps
* new high gloss grill and headlight surrounds
* new high gloss front bumper
* new high gloss OE fender flares
* new black MOHAIR soft top with Tenax studs, side and rear windows with zips
* recently installed grooved and grilled front brake rotors
* 2.5 Diesel engine just been fully serviced, all fluids and filters replaced. Axles and diff cleaned and fitted with new oils.
* original chassis cleaned and coated, no rust and all matching nrs
* new Landrover loadfloor rubber mat.
* rear bench seats can be installed free of charge or we can modify the loadfloor innerwings and install Tdci / PUMA forward facing jump seats for $ 1500 extra.

No electrical or mechanical issues. Price is 19,900 delivered to port in Europe.

Guaranteed custom clearance !! Delivery cost to any RORO port on both east and west coast at extra cost.

For more info , please contact me at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cleared customs and arriving in PA next week

This nice truck has been shipped to the US now, cleared customs last week and will be in PA on the 27th of August.

I am offering this now for $ 23500,- incl clear US title, all duties paid , FOR BOARD MEMBERS ONLY.

If not sold within the next 2 weeks, I will list on EBAY with a reserve of 26K.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have received several requests for more interior pics, please find below.

As shown in the pics , the roll bar and soft top frame are powdercoated as well.

The new Mohair soft top is installed with Tenax fasteners.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
email sent
Hi Bryce, I wasn't aware you were talking about this truck. It is available through my agent in PA. Will get in touch later today...

------ Follow up post added November 3rd, 2015 05:53 PM ------

What's the new price in West Chester, titled, etc.?
Reserve is set between 25000 and 26000

·
Registered
4 Posts
Still Available?

Is this still available for 23,500? Also, how does the 2.5 drive at highway speed? I've read horror stories about people not being able to get over 55mph on the 2.5 without switching to the 200/300TDi. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Brad the 2.5na was rated at 68 hp from the factory. I hated the one that was in my 110.

------ Follow up post added November 17th, 2015 10:27 AM ------

And the only way you are getting 80mph out of one is if you drive it off a cliff.

·
Super Moderator
14,333 Posts
You won't do 80... If it is in proper condition, 70 is possible as long as the road is flat and there is no head wind.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
@Red90. Thanks for the advice. I guess I just don't want to be going 25mph down the highway if I do need to take it somewhere.
If there is a significant grade, that might be true. Actually more like 35 or 45. I know the big rigs were passing me like I was standing still. :)

On the flats 55 was easy. Close to 70 happened, but it was so loud I didn't want to keep it there. I'm hoping when I get my 1.4 transfer case installed it will cut down on a little bit of that noise.

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
To be fair my 110 is heavy (ARB bumper/winch, SD cage, etc, etc.) so in a 90 with stock tires it is still slow but not as slow. I put a K&N air filter on mine and it was a little snappier and could hold a grade a little better.

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
I pushed my 2.5na to cruise above 65 and eventually got tired of fighting it. It takes work to keep is moving at those speeds and I feel it eventually harms the integrity of the motor. I started to enjoy it at 50-55 but once I started developing tapping that I could not pinpoint I decided to roll the dice on a TDI swap. You've got choices. Just make sure you weigh all the options involved.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.