Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1985 RHD Land Rover 90 County station wagon 2.25 petrol, 98K miles, completely stock, very original and rust free.

****This vehicle is located in the UK, not in the US**** though I am American, having moved here relatively recently. Located less than an hour from the RORO port of Southampton. I have owned it for over a year and a half and was planning to keep this for a long time but things have changed.

Asking price $10,750

It is unmodified. It is perfect for an individual who considers themselves a purist or is the perfect blank canvas for turning it into exactly what you want. The best part is the truck is not butchered or thrown together so no hidden secrets or poorly executed modifications. Best of all NO CHEQUERPLATE or other bling, It is the quietest Defender style Land Rover I have driven. You can carry on normal conversation. It is not quick off the line but runs and drives great. It cruises smoothly and comfortably at 60 and even 70, so keeps up well with traffic.

This 90 has a build date of Dec. 19, 1984
Date of despatch from the factory Jan. 3, 1985
Date of first registration Nov. 18, 1985
Has a Valid MOT inspection until May 14, 2016 with no advisories.

I have the Heritage trust Certificate proving build date and date of despatch, V5 (title) in my wife's name confirms date of first registration.
Heritage trust cert. proves the following information relating to it's serial numbers for chassis, engine, gearbox and axles.

The original chassis vin number is fully legible. Original vin plate on the brake booster is intact and never removed from the pedal tower. Even greater than these is that the vehicle retains the EXACT serial numbered engine as installed at the factory (factory original engine has never been out of the truck). The stamped engine number is clearly legible. The gearbox serial number is clearly legible and the original serial numbered one to the vehicle, again proving it was factory fitted. Front axle is also a matched serial number proving it is factory original to the vehicle. I can only assume the rear axle is the factory fitted original also but cannot read the serial number stamping. This truck is factory correct for the age, drum brakes rear, disc in front and no anti-roll bars. So really there are 5 different number locations to prove just how factory original this vehicle is and the fact that it has not been altered from the day it left the factory.

I have copies of all the previous V5's which traces the vehicles ownership since leaving the factory. The v5 states the number of former keepers as 8. I also have a print out of the MOT inspection history going back to 2006 I believe. I have never seen a 2.25 CSW 90 registered later than this one. I have yet to pin down an exact date as to when the 2.5 petrol was launched but with a late 1984 build date I expect that not many more were built before the change was made.

I chosen pictures that are of the most common areas in question. I have a very long description going into great detail for anyone interested. Thanks for looking and please contact me with any questions. Cheers, Chris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures

Attachments

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Nice truck. FWIW 2.5 petrol didn't show up until '86

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Nice truck. GLWS!

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words. PM's replied to. Email sent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts