Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1984 Land Rover Defender 90 LHD in original red paint color $40,000.00

THIS VEHICLE IS IN THE U.S.
No need to wait for international shipping.
Truck is located in Dallas/Fort Worth area.

This is a rare find in the US - a 1984 Land Rover Defender 90, the first year in production, with original red paint. Left hand drive with manual transmission and 4 wheel drive. Original solid diesel 2.5 NA engine. This truck was imported from the UK and is registered in Texas. It has just undergone a major restoration and has a brand new Richard's Chassis, so no rust there! It has also had the following major improvements:

Parts alone cost over $15,000
Brand new Richard's chassis (shipped from the UK, made from OEM specs)
New Old Man Emu suspension with a 1 1/2 lift
New fuel tank
New coils and springs fitted with rubber rings
Brand new custom made exhaust system
Rewired with new lighting and lenses
New battery
New brake lines
New custom interior - three front seats made with waterproof black marine vinyl, perfect for off roading
New bolts
Fluids changed

All parts were sourced from Paddock Spares, Rovers North, Rovah Farm, British Atlantic, etc.
Receipts available.

Still has opportunity to make it your own and put on your preference of detailing while the major repairs have been taken care of for you. Some dings in the body and chips in the original red paint that add to the character. Footwell has a bit of rust deterioration. In process of repairing regulator on driver's side door and replacing rear side window ordered from Masai. Tires in good condition, still has original wheels. This is a great iconic four wheel drive...if interested, please contact via email. Would be happy to share photos of the intense restoration project.

European VIN:

SALLDVAC8AA218371

SAL Manufacturer code: Land Rover
LD Model: Defender (for early models: Ninety, or One Ten)
V Wheel base: 92.9 inch, but designated 90
A Body type: 2-°©‐‑door: Pickup, hood cab, truck cab, or soft/hard top
C Engine type: 2.5 litre diesel (model 12J)
8 Steering and transmission: Left-°©‐‑hand drive (LHD), 5-°©‐‑speed manual (LT85, LT77, LT77S, R380 or other)
A Model year: 1983, 1984
A Assembly location: Solihull, UK
218371 Serial number

Please feel free to inquire if you have any questions!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Your number seems a little high but maybe I'm missing something. Hope you get your price though.

GLWS.

Reactions: Daddymow and Paul K

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Photos

See attached restoration photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
I have seen the truck in person before it left the Netherlands, the first pic in this thread is on its location in the Netherlands. It was a cheap truck.

If, as explained above, this was brought in from the UK then it must have been sold to LandroversUK. Seems like a lot of money, 40 K for a truck on a galvy chassis and rust in the body.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This truck as stated was purchased from a private seller in the UK and was originally from France. It does not have rust in the body so if you would like to explain your post to me further that would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
This truck as stated was purchased from a private seller in the UK and was originally from France. It does not have rust in the body so if you would like to explain your post to me further that would be appreciated.

Maybe true, maybe not but one of your pictures shows clearly a Dutch location. This truck was for sale for a while in The Netherlands, about 1,5 year ago. I can confirm Mikes story about that part. Maybe French owner before and UK owner after that?........

Don't know anything about its condition then.

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
Maybe true, maybe not but one of your pictures shows clearly a Dutch location. This truck was for sale for a while in The Netherlands, about 1,5 year ago. I can confirm Mikes story about that part. Maybe French owner before and UK owner after that?........ Don't know anything about its condition then.
It was for sale on eBay from the UK earlier this year so I'm assuming he's blending old and new photos. I'd found a few times this truck had come up over the past two years.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Yeah, I almost added to this thread when it was first posted.

My truck is listed for sale, with a sorted body (painted, primed, no rust) and a galvanized frame and a 300 TDI, for $5K less.

This truck might (read might) fetch low $20s on Ebay to someone who doesn't know what NA means. But my truck didn't clear $25K in bidding.

Wish you luck, hopefully you aren't into it $40k!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts