Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[Edit/ Update #2 (04/27/20) :
I had to go into work over the weekend and decided to delay this sale for 2-3 weeks until my project is complete and I will have more time to dedicate to this sale. I have no new photos yet and have not sent out an email. Those that have DM'ed me their email address will be notified first as well as be sent the images and updated information. I will entertain offers after the images are distributed and this post being updated. If I do not receive any reasonable offers right away, I will be posting it on Ebay around the end of May and update the post here with accordance to the forum's rules.
I will not hold this sale for anyone until the images have gone out and a non-refundable deposit is made (the deposit will go towards the sale of the vehicle). I do not mind shipping the vehicle, but you must arrange it. Any questions can be asked here or you can DM me.
]

I have a 1984 Land Rover County 110 for sale that I do not need to get rid of any time soon and seeing how much interest is in it.
This Land rover is a beast and is ready for anything as is. All of the suspension components have recently been replaced ass well as the all of the seals on the front axle.
The rear cross member was cut off and a new one was re-welded due to rust.
All original paint!

A 1996 4JB1-T, 2.8 liter Isuzu turbo diesel was swapped in around 2010 and has less than 60K km on it. This engine is insanely reliable and starts easily even in freezing temperatures.
With this engine swap all of the following components were installed new;
Clutch for reliability, the old one is included
Fuel pump, again for reliability, old one is included
Starter
Alternator, I think I have the old one still
Radiator
Transfer case
Fuel tank
Front drive shaft
New clutch and brake hydraulic lines
Fuel lines
Gauges
LED lights and wiring
and a bunch of other things.
I also have 1 full set of winter/ studded tires for it, 1 full summer set of tires for it, and another set of tires that are good for the highway, all have more than 50% of life left.

This is a great restoration project if someone wants to spend the time on it, otherwise it will treat you well right now and is ready for all of your road trip adventures!

Currently looking to get $22k. Open to offers.

EDIT/UPDATE(4/21):
Due to the large response of people requesting information, please dm me your EMAIL ADDRESS and I will send out an email answering any questions people have asked. I do not have the time to call every single person that has messaged me, that number is almost 2 dozen now. Please allow me to take some time and gather more detailed photos and information. I know folks are eager to chat about this, but a photo speaks a 1000 words and I do not want to have the same conversation 20 times. I will be updating this post this weekend with more information and with the requested photos, I will also be sending out an email to the parties that are interested in purchasing. I did not expect this response, so I may post it on ebay after all questions are answered so I do not need to juggle an online sale through a forum and to weed out any tire kickers.
Any local party around the northern colorado area that is interested in purchasing it, we can make arrangements for a test drive.

Photo requests that have been made:
Detailed photos of everything pretty much, dash, floor boards, engine/ transmission, wheel wells, the frame, underside of doors, ect...
I will also post a video of a cold start with a temperature gauge for proof in a single shot so you can see how it purrs.
Any other requests, please let me know and I will try my best to accommodate.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am still doing my research as to where this should be priced, but I would like to get around $22k if possible, but open to offers. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,062 Posts
Good place to start! Now post some pics of the underside, bulkhead, door bottoms, engine bay , driveline and interior.

Any service history?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't expect to get this much response on the first day of posting, so I do apologize for not being prepared.
I will take detailed photos of everything this weekend and share them on this post. If you'd like to DM me your email, I will be sending an email to serious inquires with more detail and the knowledge I have of this vehicle as well as the photos requested. If you have already DM'ed me your email, you do not need to again.

Any specific questions or requests for photos can be made here and I will try to accommodate and answer to my best knowledge. I will most likely respond this weekend when I am off work, don't feel as if I am ignoring you.

I use this as a weekend warrior currently so I also need to clean it up a little before the photos.
Anyone that is local to to the area and wants to come see it, DM me and we can arrange a meet-up.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Great looking truck. Excellent price. I'd be all over this if I didn't have other projects going. Glws

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As I have said in the og post, I am delaying this sale until I have more time. I will update the post and message people that have interest when I have the time. Work is very busy for me at the moment and I do not expect any updates for this sale until after may 15th and possibly later. I will not be responding to messages until I have the time after may 15th.
I understand that you are interested, but I am averaging 75+ hours of work per week and do not want to deal with a sale right now. I will not take any low offers to "take it off my hands." I do not need to sell this so I don't mind holding onto it.
More updates to come in about two weeks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts