Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This listing is for a very, nice original Land Rover 110, LHD and V8 and 5 door !

I am very busy this week and only have time next week to clean the car and take pictures, so please have some patience.
It is red, 1984 110 with sliding windows.

This car comes from the first owner which was Phillips. Yes, from the electronics. They bought this car new back in the days and it was in service until very recent at a fire service department at one of their Dutch factory’s.
The car has only done appr 50 K miles and there are service records to proof this. Beside a blue and orange light, and of course a very loud siren, there is no fire equipment on this car. This car also has never been modified, never has been tampered with, just all original.

The good:

• Doorframes, no rust (no also no surface rust )
  • Bulkhead, no rust
  • Frame all solid, no rust
  • New Michelin tires. This car had still the original Avan Ranger tires from when it was new. I found them a little old an put a set of NTO Puma wheels on it. Really looks good.
  • Interior all good and nice.
  • Drives really good, starts easy, shifts smooths, brakes are working like you should expect.

The bad:

• Totally stock car, just as when It left the factory. This means also no Power Steering
  • Some minor scratches left and right. Nothing major and for sure no dents.
  • No inward facing seats in the far back.

I have to make a longer test ride and will do that next week also. As of now I don’t expect anything major.

As said before, more pictures to follow next week

Car is in Michigan and comes with all the right import documents. I can get a MI title if you want.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here some more pictures and information:
- no rust on door frames, also no surface rust !!
- no rust on frame, also no surface rust !!
- same for bulkhead
- interior all nice and totally original, only one rip in the middel seat, only visible when you take it out
- some welding done on rear cross member but really nice and all solid now
- all original mats and not worn out
- door cards all nice, not damaged.
- some little holes in dashboard from all kind of switches and radio's
- some scratches and paint chips
- nor rust on A-, B- and C- pillars.
- still have to remove the red and yellow light
- will make more pictures of the frame later

Mileage only 44 K, made a miscalculation in my first post between miles and km's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
no idea why most pictures come side ways? I have a new computer with Windows 10, and they look all right in my maps.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nobody ? is it the red ? or is it the sliding windows ? If I compare to what I sold before it cannot be the price :)

Really nice, all original car. No restauration, nothing spoiled, basically how it left the factory. Original mud flaps, wheel cover, side steps and all in good condition.

My previous pictures might not be so convincing, I will upload some more. Also found the problem of the rotated pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand there is some confusion. Although nobody likes red Defnders ...:(....... I have three different one listed here. They all are the exact same specification, red, sliding windows, 5 door, V8 and all 1984. People were asking why the price of the red one was fluctuating, so, this is the answer. Different price reflects different condition.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can put a soft top and alloy wheels on it. Totally changes the car. I did it with one of the other red ones. See picture below.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sold

------ Follow up post added October 19th, 2015 01:04 PM ------

Sold,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts