1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1974 Land Rover Series 3 109 6 Cylinder
Mileage 87714
VIN 94901160B

This a chance to have a piece of history! This is a very nice Series 3 109 6 cylinder that has been very well kept up with over its life! Every oil change, every major service! Driven once a week for all of its life, this truck is a dream to drive! Every service document and repair info is included in the sell as well as many spare parts and many original manuals!

List of Repairs is as follows..
-Upgraded electrical system including updated fuse boxes and wiring
-Upgraded High Output Starter
-Upgraded Light System (LED Headlights,LED Fog Lights)
-Upgraded LED Work Light
-Lube All Hubs and Drive shafts
-Upgraded Ignition System (Petronic Ignition)
-Spare Tire on Hood
-Upgraded Full Length Safari Roof Rack
-Upgraded Safari Roof with ventilation

Don't Miss out on this amazing Truck!
$25,000
Photos....

·
Premium Member
10,146 Posts
I worked at the Rover Dealership back in the 70s and a 109 like this was only available through a special order.
The last of the mass import NADA 6 cylinder 109s were 1967 that had a unique engine with the Westlake cylinder head.
This Series III 109 for sale has what is called the Euro-spec 6 cylinder engine.
Do you have any special order paperwork showing that it was imported through a USA Rover Dealership?
If not, it is safe to say that this vehicle is a Euro-spec 109 that is in very good condition that was imported into USA by an individual POV importer.
GLWTS

·
Premium Member
10,146 Posts
No.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
All the NAS SIII 88s I have ever seen had the side marker lights. I have never seen a NAS SIII 109 I think they only imported 88s unless Robert is correct about the possibility of a special order.

·
Premium Member
10,146 Posts
The very very early SIIIs did not have side markers.
I think starting a little later in 1972 the Series IIIs went to the larger side markers like the MGB had.
We have a bunch of series IIAs & IIIs here.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
My son owns #222, it has the lights. It's the lowest NAS SIII number I've ever seen. Should stop hijacking this thread looks like a nice SIII but not NAS.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Guys there is much debate right now if this is a NADA truck, I have been working with the guys at Rovers North to try and determine definitively but we are unable to confirm anything and I do not have any supporting paperwork so we are going to take away the title of NADA for this particular truck and sell it as a LHD ROW!:) Price will reflex the change! Sorry for stepping on any toes wasn't trying to mislead and or misrepresent just was told one thing and there is no way for me to confirm it!:) Still this is a very nice 109 that will make someone very happy!

·
Premium Member
10,146 Posts
Yes sir.
GLWTS.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Didn't know ROW vs. NADA made any difference in price or spec. Do side marker lights really matter to anyone? How hard are they to add? There are some vehicles that once eligible for import at 25 years, would be more desirable to me and others in Euro vs. USA spec because they are better cars. Why is NADA any better or worse than ROW? And if there were no NADA SIII 109's, what's the basis for a price reduction? Compared to what, exactly? This is the highest spec SIII 109 available from the factory: 6 cyl, trop roof, station wagon, deluxe bonnet and interior. By the way, it's spelled Weslake not Westlake. Common mistake outside of the UK.

·
Premium Member
10,146 Posts
Think post 7 was incorrect and David was correct in post 8.
Must have gotten the early Series IIIs mixed up with some of the late IIAs, it's been a long time since working at the Rover Dealership.
I even had an old plastic Rover Dealership sign that had started to come apart that I gave away a few years ago.

Again GLWTS.
Looks like a nice 109.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts