Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

It’s been awhile since we brought back something meant for the trail, having instead focused on a few BMWs, Fulvias, and (soon) Fiats. But we picked up three Land Rovers – put one on each boat – and will look forward to showing them here over the coming months.

This truck is a 1970 Land Rover 109 Santana with the ¾ canvas top. We found it in Barcelona, Spain, where it was in the hands of a Land Rover enthusiast and local Land Rover club member. He spent time over the past couple years cleaning the truck up and maintaining its roadworthiness, to include newer tires, fresh paint, a newer canvas top, and upholstered front seats. The owner kept the truck garaged in the North, the result being a nice, rust-free Series IIA. We imported this truck last week; it was picked up from the Port of Baltimore on Sept. 4th.

1970 Land Rover 109 Santana
- 2.25L 4-Cylinder Diesel
- 4-spd manual transmission
- 2-door truck, seats 3, with canvas top in the rear
- Clear CBP, DOT, and EPA paperwork conveys
- Located in Richmond, VA (Japanese Classics, LLC)

Available for sale at $16,500

Body/ interior: Rust free with straight panels. Truck (body, cab, interior) were repainted in a slightly different shade of green than stock. The engine bay was not repainted at the time, and still is the original green. It’s more of an emerald green, though that’s probably an exaggeration. I still need to take photos of the motor, I apologize for not having them at the moment. The trim and bumpers are painted silver. Seats are in great shape. The center seat has a small cut (3/4") in the middle, about the height of your shoulder blades.

Drivetrain: Starts and moves as it should; without issue, and with the lumbering confidence of the old giant she is. I went to the port to pick this one up, and when I arrived, the longshoreman said “I’ll go get the jumperbox. They’re always dead.” I cranked it over and it fired instantly. “Huh,” he said. “Well there ‘ya go.”

It is currently registered and inspected, ready for sale at the dealership (Japanese Classics, LLC) in Richmond, VA. It is sold with a clear Virginia title. We can provide copies of the CBP, DOT, and EPA documentation as well for your records.

Paul went to Barcelona to grab this one himself. More about that here:
1970 Land Rover Santana 109, 3/4 Canvas...Valencia Classic Vehicles

Please drop us a note if you're interested. Thanks so much!

Bill & Paul

----------------------

We've posted before, but to reintroduce ourselves: We've started a small vehicle importation company focused on bringing antiques back from Spain. It's a fun project that lets us see, touch, and drive some neat classic cars and trucks we might not otherwise have the opportunity to. We're a two man operation, with Paul based in Javea, Spain, and the other (me) here in Virginia. Our focus is to shed light on the otherwise murky process of bringing vehicles back from overseas and bring some honestly and transparency to the process. To that end, Paul works hard to document the process of finding the vehicle, capturing a story and photos on the trucks. We bring some transparency to bare by selling our trucks through a dealer. This truck is being offered by Japanese Classics, LLC in Richmond VA where it comes with a clear VA Title.

Our company is called Valencia Classic Vehicles. Our website is here:
Valencia Classic Vehicle Consulting

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't type "more photos" because I get a "duplicate posting" message. So, well, here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This text is so I can game the system into saying... More photos!

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A few questions from PMs:

Yes, wiper motors work!

Transmission shifts great and sliding into gear feels like clicking a shotgun shut. It's a rewarding gear change.

Canvas top is recent, has no tears, and is easy to manipulate.

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts