Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have hit the typical " I am tired of this Rover chaos" point of ownership.

Like the title says, its a 1969 SIIa 109. 5 bearing 2.25l petrol engine mated with a SIII gearbox and transfer case. It also has a Fairey overdrive and an X-brake.

She is a coiler on a designa chassis frame. Front and rear D1 axles give you disc brakes all around. The springs are 1.5 inches larger than "stock" springs.

I have the middle row seats in it, the rear flip down bench seat are available.

She has a 9K winch and a "safari" rack that sits nicely on the safari roof. There is a Masai roof ladder on the rear and the spare hangs on the rear door via a stock tire carrier.

She is a daily driver and have driven her to Florida and Asheville from the Raleigh area.

I am sort of over it....would sell it for $15K or trade for a well-sorted out Disco and some cash.

I also have a refreshed 3.9l and r380/lt230 sitting in the garage that was supposed to be part of a transplant...that could go too if the deal it right.

I will likely regret this in the morning....but I am sort of over it right now....

The good - its a cool 109 that runs great.

The bad - the door bottoms need some love and they are rather ate up. I installed a cb and now my headlights don't work. I will have that fixed soon.

Let's see what happens.

Derek

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Say whaaaaaaat?????

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Cool clean truck anyone want an unbiased opinion let me know. Happy to help if I can...

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
Dude!!! Hell yeah! We are doing our first and I happen to have a couple 110's sitting at the shop...

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
What ever...

·
Premium Member
7,155 Posts
15K, you are mental. Double it. It's a damn 2a fer crissakes. Where, pray tell, would you find another like this? Or build one for less?

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
I think we talked him into finishing the v8 conversion before he makes his final decision to sell...

·
Premium Member
7,456 Posts
Derek do an LS and i can promise you won't want to sell. Can be done cheaper than you think. If i can do one by myself with zero help (ok except the dozens of emails to Nick) anyone can.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts