Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Price $55,000 ONO - Near 100% original and 1 of 3 of a batch of the ELM reg plate series.

I have a post in new memebers explaining who I am, and also selling other vehciles and parts too.

My dad bought all three of these vehicles from an Ex MOD auction back in the 90's. They were 3 of a run of a batch of vehicles built for and supplied to Her Majesties UK Home Office. Various vehicles went to different branches around the country where needed for field duty. The three my dad bought were reserve fire tenders for the Green God'ess Truck Fire Brigade. They all came with t/Tone horns, Big Blue rotating lights on the roof and a small early sanky trailer which housed a water pump and pipes. There purpose being to carry more crew and equipment to the fire.

My dad kept one for himself (which he still has), one was sold to a private collector and the other (this one) was taken by our Canadian business partner.

It was shipped to Vermont to begin life this side of the pond, from there it then moved to NYC and then eventually moved on to our partners daughter in Denver.

When I moved to Vegas 5 years ago one of the first things I was tasked with was to go and swap it with a 90 that I had brought over. It was a bit to basic and nice for use by the family and a Tdi 90 was going to be a lot more helpful.

I have done some basic service work on it, and what I call sympathetic restoration, basically blackening hubs and nuts, new check straps etc... but on the whole its completely original.

I've replaced the majority of the door seals but started to lose the will to live after around the 30th one so there's still a few left to do - which are in the back..

Runs and drives not like new but as good as your going to get - and also the t/Tones work ;)
It also comes with some beautifully hand written service logs - at one point it did 800 miles in 10 years!
Currently on a Nevada Old Timer plate

Situated In Van Nuys, Los Angles, CA

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,360 Posts
Looks good. Nice truck with a few very easily correctable wrongs. Would be a fine one in anybody's collection. GLWS.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Ben nice looking series, but how about some info and pictures of the 101 in the back ground. cheers

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Reactions: Dakar Ben
1 - 9 of 9 Posts