Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is painful. I've known this car for over 20 years - and am helping a friend very reluctantly part with it.

It was completely rebuilt on it's original chassis - galvanized back when there was a really good shop down in MA. High quality zinc. The suspension is a little rough: heavy duty springs on a short wheelbase.

High points:

Galvanized chassis;
Starts every single time!;
Brakes rebuilt;
Tailgate;
Liftgate with NAS Defender 90 POE hinges that I bought back in '94!;
Warn 8274 included.

Low points:

Last registered in 1996, so it'll need seals, shocks, fluids, etc.;
Some oxidation on the corners of the seat box and will need patching of the footwells, although overall the bulkhead is rock solid;
Door skins are good, lower frames are so-so;
That's about it!

Available separately:

Soft top frame and decent hood;
DAP roll bar - brand new in the wrapper. Perfect for 3-point seatbelt mounting.

I'm an open book, so ask away... whatever camera angle, detail, or info you want. Located near Burlington, VT/Rovers North. Priced for immediate sale at only $6,000 - come get it on your way to/from the British Invasion.

Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did I mention it has overdrive?!

I just took a batch of pictures for people that have pm'd me and I'll send them out in the morning.

In the meantime, I'm wondering... have I priced this Rover in '90s dollars? I mean, a running, driving, galvanized chassis'd, overdrive, Trakker high-back seats, totally solid and rust-free bulkhead and "breakfast" (how's that for a 90's term?!), a Warn 8274, tailgate, lift gate, 16" wheeled Land Rover for only $6k??!!

Someone's going to get a great deal.

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
damn - great deal

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So... I'll post pix following this message. I keep finding surprises I forgot all about! Like a late-IIA brake booster and dual master. And the gas strut mount I installed on the lift gate. And the early, high capacity radiator...

At any rate, I've had several people PM me and because I have zero interest in a bidding war or bribes, I'll reply to them in order. But, given how much time it takes to post pix, I figured I might as well put them all up here instead of replying individually.

Thanks!

Frank

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The worst of the corrosion - the footwells, as mentioned, are punky. The passenger door frame is the worst - I've seen a lot worse, but pix tell the story.

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If there's any other camera angles you want, ask away.

Odometer reads 65k miles - no idea if that's original. Motor runs smoothly and starts instantly, as they should.

Thanks.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Looks like a good truck, that little bit of rust is not even worth fixing right now........drive it.

Anyway, looks like John is your man....Congrats.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts