Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this truck a few weeks back and wanted to get it up here. I don't know much about the series trucks but regardless, this is very, very clean, straight and ready to go. eBay info below. $14k to someone here. Pics don't really do it justice as it was a fairly dreary day when I took the pics. Anyway questions, let me know. Thanks.

Beautiful 1961 Series II here and ready to go.

This went thru a restoration approximately 8 years ago and is still immaculate. There isn't a speck of rust on her. Starts and runs on the first turn. Shifts thru all the gears and breaks without any issues. Bulkhead and footwells are perfect as is the frame. It is like the previous owner restored it and then stuck it in a garage for a few years.

Clear VA title. I also have the glass and rubber if you want to install them on the rear top. Ready to go to a new home!

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VIN decodes as below....

1 Type: Land Rover
41 Model: Land Rover, Series II
Body type: Basic
Wheel base: 88in (Short Wheel Base, SWB)
Engine: Petrol
Destination: Right-hand drive (RHD), home market
1 Model year: 1961
01757 Serial number

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Relisted on eBay again. I will let it go to someone here for $13.2k. I am in the middle of putting a 4.0l with lokar auto in a very nice '88 D90 and need the series on its way. Let me know if there are questions etc.

I also have two LHD 110s arriving next week. One is alpine white with 2.5 na turn key truck and the other is a green county that has been in storage for a few months. I will post when I get them.

thanks,
devin

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Info on the front end from person who built it as some of you have mentioned already.

Original the headlights are fitted in the grill between the fenders indeed, but by this car they upgraded the lights to put them in the fenders, because you have much better light instead of the lights in the grill.
It is easy to change that, to replace them if they want, the panel in the fender where the licht is can be changed by panel without the whole, and put the lights in the grill again it is still original series 2 1961

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any Series enthusiasts interested her by chance? Let me know if there is interest. I'd like to move this one along. $12.5k

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
I think it would be a lot more sellable with different wheels on it. Those are Discovery spare wheels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts