Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help finding images of these trucks loaded with missiles and or pulling the Rapier launcher. Have found a bunch of fwd control pics towing them but few 130’s. Attached picture I believe is the radar unit that accompanied the missile unit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Hey Doug, was that price for two? cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Roverman. Have the truck & hoopset ( well what’s left of one). Looking specifically for pictures of one loaded with missiles and or pulling the launcher. The truck in the picture of the launcher you posted isn’t a rapier.
Kind of surprised it’s hard to find an image.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Not many130's or so where used to pull launchers, 109 from the early 70's then mostly 101. Defenders where usually the third vehicle in the group used as stores. And was intended to tow a resupply trailer with nine reloads. This is from memory, but faded.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,003 Posts
Thanks Roverman. Have the truck & hoopset ( well what’s left of one). Looking specifically for pictures of one loaded with missiles and or pulling the launcher. The truck in the picture of the launcher you posted isn’t a rapier.
Kind of surprised it’s hard to find an image.
Have you tried Pedro? He had a line on one of these awhile back (years ago), or maybe even a deposit on one if I recall. So may have some pics of them “in service” possibly from the time he spent obsessing over it :).

·
Premium Member
14,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Have you tried Pedro? He had a line on one of these awhile back (years ago), or maybe even a deposit on one if I recall. So may have some pics of them “in service” possibly from the time he spent obsessing over it :).
Yeah, I was there when he bought those sliders for a 130 he didn’t even have-lol.
I needed a chassis for my white 130 that had been sitting for 7 yrs. Sal had a rapier rolling chassis @ Neil Hanecom’s shop Red Door Offroad. Neil wanted it gone so got the roller cheap but had to take the loose Rapier bed with the rolling chassis. Frame got galvanized and is under the white truck.
Plan is to build a camping trailer using the beefy aluminum bed. Mine originally had a shelf inside, presumably for the missiles. Going to make that a sleeping platform. Drop down tailgate and bedside doors will be access to space under the platform. Beds are ugly as hell but huge-is the same size as a full size American pick up. Found an aluminum commercial bed cap with side opening lift up doors, and an aluminum H beam boat trailer for a chassis. Tired of RTT & or sleeping on the ground. While this won’t be good looking, functionally it should be awesome, and uber light to tow. Doing a spring over axle swap on the trailer and fitting wolf wheels. Thing is falling together for next to nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts