Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brandy new BRITPART FRC8389 rear propshaft for a V8 or 200Tdi Defender 110. 41.5” long
$160 shipped in the contig US.

Cheers,

Vin

·
Super Moderator
13,271 Posts
V8 and 200TDi have different transfer case locations and propshaft lengths. This would be the same as a 300TDI.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
V8 and 200TDi have different transfer case locations and propshaft lengths. This would be the same as a 300TDI.
I have a 91 110 200Tdi and needed the shorter 40.5“ prop, which is on its way from Rovers North

Although I sourced this propshaft elsewhere, it had the same recommended fit as RN.
“FITS: Rear 110 V8 & 200 Tdi up to 1993. 41.5" long” more here.

·
Super Moderator
13,271 Posts
Although I sourced this propshaft elsewhere, it had the same recommended fit as RN.
“FITS: Rear 110 V8 & 200 Tdi up to 1993. 41.5" long” more here.
What I'm saying is that this description is wrong. All 4 cylinder vehicles prior to 300TDI had the transfer case farther back than the V8.

·
Premium Member
10,638 Posts
Yes.
Have encountered these same differences in driveshaft length when installing a R380 Stumpy into a 110 that originally had a 3.5 V8. The stumpy sits in the same location as the short LT77 on say a 200TDI or any other 2.5 4 cylinder.
This renders the V8 driveshafts obsolete because the LT85 transmission for the 3.5 V8 uses different length.driveshafts that won't work with the stumpy.

This is specifically how I install a Chevy 250 into a 110 that left the factory with a 3.5 V8.
Sure the motor mounts on the frame are different from the 4 cylinder ones, but we offer engine mounts that bolt in with the V8 frame mounts. .

Reactions: Bellinghammer

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
What I'm saying is that this description is wrong. All 4 cylinder vehicles prior to 300TDI had the transfer case farther back than the V8.
The description is based off of the parts catalog, which is awfully unreliable. This is why we have the measurements listed in our system, so that we can find suitable driveshafts for the customer

·
Super Moderator
13,271 Posts
The description is based off of the parts catalog, which is awfully unreliable. This is why we have the measurements listed in our system, so that we can find suitable driveshafts for the customer
View attachment 458258
You guys should read the parts catalogue. It was not transcribed into a database by a high school student. Regardless, you guys can fix your website when you see errors. It still shows the wrong information.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
You guys should read the parts catalogue. It was not transcribed into a database by a high school student. Regardless, you guys can fix your website when you see errors. It still shows the wrong information.

View attachment 458260
Well I started to, but there's just too many changes to do all of it. Even your catalog doesn't note a difference when they changed the rear diff

·
Super Moderator
13,271 Posts
Even your catalog doesn't note a difference when they changed the rear diff
That is the 1994 catalog....which I'm sure you know....

You seem to be missing my point completely. This specific error has been clearly shown to you, but it has not been fixed. When you find an error, fix it. This interaction is giving me a large headache.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
That is the 1994 catalog....which I'm sure you know....

You seem to be missing my point completely. This specific error has been clearly shown to you, but it has not been fixed. When you find an error, fix it. This interaction is giving me a large headache.
Im not sure I was missing your point, it's just not my job to edit the website. I do have access to it, which is why I started to fix it, but at this point I'd rather just change it to "110 rear propshaft" with zero other info besides the length, as the number of changes would confuse most of our customers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts