Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyones converted their drums to disk brakes?
How was the process and if there's a conversion kit available?
Thanks in advance.

Al

·
Premium Member
4,644 Posts
Call Rover Down South. ITs probably cheaper to buy an entire new rear axle casing with disks..

Randy

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Al-
keith has been working on that at our shop. shoot him an email at [email protected] ... he can give you some insight.
T

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the great inputs! My first choice was to replace whole axle form RDS, but I wanted to take my time and look at all options available. So far I've heard everything from RRC and Discovery disks that were retrofitted into the SALS axle. I will contact both Keith and Mike and see what they've done and what they can offer. And thanks for the link Dave, and Glenn I'll email you a link of the pics at EE site. Not quite sure how to post pics here yet, but I'll give her a shot, if not just follow the link.

Al

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the great inputs! My first choice was to replace whole axle form RDS, but I wanted to take my time and look at all options available. So far I've heard everything from RRC and Discovery disks that were retrofitted into the SALS axle. I will contact both Keith and Mike and see what they've done and what they can offer. And thanks for the link Dave, and Glenn I'll email you a link of the pics at EE site. Not quite sure how to post pics here yet, but I'll give her a shot, if not just follow the link.

Al
have you try forbyn bros?

Disc Brake Conversion Kits. | Forbyn Bros.

·
Super Moderator
13,601 Posts
Google it. Many, many people have done it. It is all stock parts.

·
Registered
420 Posts
wow, that has to be close to record for thread revival. 13 years later!

·
Premium Member
11,042 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
The kit I purchased from Greg to fit to a 110 came with 6 bolt hubs, so you may need S3 109 24 spline drive caps as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts