Seeking suspension advice for 1990 200 TDI D110 ROW left hand drive
1990 Land Rover Defender 110 Station Wagon 200 TDI ROW left hand drive
We have just completed a complete refurbishment/rebuilt or new everything and have set up this truck with a lot of accessories designed for travel overland from Alaska to Argentina, then circumnavigate and cross Australia.
Included in the vehicle equipment is:
• 2 full size wolf rims and spare standard size tires
• Full frontrunner roof rack with extra slats
• Will carry 2 jerry cans of diesel and one or two cans of water when needed
• Eazi awn expedition roof top tent
• Eazi awn awning
• Dual batteries
• Diesel fired heater in cab
• ARB winch bumper and winch in front, heavy duty bumper rear
• Underbody protection, rock sliders and tree bars
• Alumabox on rack
• Spotlights etc.
• Manufacturer Stated Stock weight: 4,530 lbs.
• Manufacturer Stated Max weight: 6,503 lbs.
• As equipped weight with 2 passengers:
o 888lbs over stock (average 222 lbs. additional per wheel)
o 5418 lbs. total
• Packed for camping with tent etc.
o 1675 lbs. over stock (average 418 lbs. additional per wheel)
o 6,205 lbs. total (300 lbs.<max weight)
Hood mount spare wheel/tire, ARB bumper with winch and front end under body protection adds 320 lbs. to front axle load (not including the shared load from other gear)
I do not want to have a suspension lift that is so high that it may cause other issues or requires replacing axles, or other modifications, prefer no more than 2” lift.
The truck has been set up for use off road and on dirt roads, but obviously is going to be driven on road, much or maybe most of the time
We installed new Landrover HD springs and Bilstein shocks less than 3,000 miles ago and its always been too soft and has too much body roll.
We are considering ordering the Extra Heavy Old Man Emu springs and shocks (30mm lift in front and 40 mm lift in rear) with long travel shocks. Would the OME heavy duty or extra heavy-duty springs front and back matched with appropriate HD Bilstein or HD EMU shocks work or will we need other mods?
All recommendations are welcome, thank you. Mike