Clutch question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 22nd, 2019, 06:52 PM
koltonstanley
Kolton Stanley
defender 130 hi cap

Registry
Clutch question

quick question for you guys.

I just had my clutch rebuilt.

I picked up the truck after hours so i didnt have a chance to talk to mechanic yet.
I will go back tomorrow and talk to him just trying to have some info so i know what im talking about.

before rebuild all gears shifted perfectly.

only reason i did rebuild was because i was hearing the throwout bearing make noise and i was losing clutch fluid into transmission.

so i picked up truck today and

the gear shifter doesn't return to center if you arent in gear.....there is like 2 halfs a left side and a right side if that makes sense. and you can push it to the left side or the right side without selecting a gear. also a pain while shifting to push it from side to side.

its basically impossible to find 3rd gear.......sitting still i can find it sometimes but while driving almost impossible.

what causes these sort of issues? are they just adjustments or something bigger?

i have a newer durotorq engine with 6 speed mt82 transmission....

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 22nd, 2019, 07:00 PM
Angus
Mike Ferguson
1994 Defender 90

Registry
It sounds like the shifter needs adjusted. It takes about 10 mins to do it on a Defender. Not sure on your hybrid design.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 07:09 PM
koltonstanley
Kolton Stanley
defender 130 hi cap

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
It sounds like the shifter needs adjusted. It takes about 10 mins to do it on a Defender. Not sure on your hybrid design.

ok so hopefully not a big deal.....just some adjustment........ fingers crossed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2019, 01:33 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by koltonstanley View Post
quick question for you guys.

I just had my clutch rebuilt.

I picked up the truck after hours so i didnt have a chance to talk to mechanic yet.
I will go back tomorrow and talk to him just trying to have some info so i know what im talking about.

before rebuild all gears shifted perfectly.

only reason i did rebuild was because i was hearing the throwout bearing make noise and i was losing clutch fluid into transmission.

so i picked up truck today and

the gear shifter doesn't return to center if you arent in gear.....there is like 2 halfs a left side and a right side if that makes sense. and you can push it to the left side or the right side without selecting a gear. also a pain while shifting to push it from side to side.

its basically impossible to find 3rd gear.......sitting still i can find it sometimes but while driving almost impossible.

what causes these sort of issues? are they just adjustments or something bigger?

i have a newer durotorq engine with 6 speed mt82 transmission....

thanks!
Sounds like the bias springs are messed up. Its an easy fix. look at the videos for slick shifts.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions