Got half a question answered - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions

Old February 2nd, 2019, 11:41 AM
scrubs
henery

Got half a question answered

And like the second half :--)

Putting a " Defender" 200tdi into a series,
Was mentioned to cut right chassis motor mount off turn it upside down and resold back on for proper fit,

What motor mounts are needed?
Series Or Defender motor mounts?

Thanks very much
&
If I was misinformed please speak up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2019, 12:20 PM
giftshopduane
Chris luciano
72 Series 3 88"

You need the LH mount off the motor (Series) cut he RH mount of the chassis, and weld the LH upside down.

I took both LH engine and removed both chassis mounts, moved my 2.5 forward 4-5 inches and welded them to the chassis.

I also am using an LT77 and LT230, I removed the series tc cross member and made my own mounts for the LT230, I can send you the patterns for these if this is what your doing.

This places the shifter in the center of the series tunnel cover, Im running E-fan and will make some custom linkages for the diff lock and hi LO

Hope this helps

Chris
Old February 2nd, 2019, 01:14 PM
scrubs
henery

Chris,
Thank you for sharing,
Yes this is exactly what's in progress,
Will PM you for more tips and tricks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2019, 07:17 PM
captainz
Jon Stevens
1965 109

I’m looking at doing the same surgery into a 109 pickup. I don’t have an extra 2.25 LH mount just yet. Did you move the mounts forward in order to drop in the motor or to be able to clear the seat box with the trans? I am putting in a 2.5td (I know, I know) mounted to the 2.25 trans in hopes of bolting in a 200tdi later. Will I need to relocate both mounts now or both later when I put in a lt77?
Old March 7th, 2019, 08:18 PM
LRover
J. Michael McCaig
D90 ST, LR110, Series IIa, RRC

If you are going to use the original 4spd transmission, you only need to alter the right side engine mount because of the timing cover/injection pump. The left side mount works with the 19j. The turbo will interfer with the steering box on lhd trucks.
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:40 AM
captainz
Jon Stevens
1965 109

Thats helpful. I’m planning to install a P38 power steering box as I have LHD. Also-the truck used to be 2.25 petrol—my understanding is I’ll need to at least replace my diffs with a higher ratio to get above 40mph. Where’s the best place for me to find those?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Series Technical Discussions