rear window delete for custom camper windows - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old August 21st, 2019, 08:39 PM
akdefender
james
None

Question rear window delete for custom camper windows

Hello all, I had the idea of using a camper style window in the rear cargo area of my 110 so that I could maintain the ability to open them, but also have a bug screen and window shade built in. I am looking at the tern overland windows. Compared to say frontrunner gulping window they are much cheaper and have more function for what I am looking to do. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this and if anyone has tried it.

My plan was to find the solid side panels so I could cut a precise hole for the tern windows. Does anyone know where these can be sourced? Ive attached a picture for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2015-02-25-at-17.46.37-e1425031291650.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	426564  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 21st, 2019, 08:55 PM
Landy_Andy
Andy
'85 D100 Truggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdefender View Post
Hello all, I had the idea of using a camper style window in the rear cargo area of my 110 so that I could maintain the ability to open them, but also have a bug screen and window shade built in. I am looking at the tern overland windows. Compared to say frontrunner gulping window they are much cheaper and have more function for what I am looking to do. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this and if anyone has tried it.

My plan was to find the solid side panels so I could cut a precise hole for the tern windows. Does anyone know where these can be sourced? Ive attached a picture for reference.
Keep a lookout on UK EBay, they come up for sale quite often.
Old August 21st, 2019, 08:59 PM
Blair
Blair
110,1956 86 SI

I have installed the Seitz windows in my 110. I do have a tithounus top installed so the side are a little taller and allow for larger windows. I have one large window with my fridge mounted just inside on the passenger side (RHD) I believe the Turns (which look to be seitz clones) are able to be bought in the USA and also have a Canadian distributor as well.

https://www.ternoverland.com/arctic-tern-window

Blair

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdefender View Post

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 21st, 2019, 10:27 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110

I want the same windowless panels but want to keep them that way.

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Old August 22nd, 2019, 12:38 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

The most likely place to find them is on a series “88 as many of those, especially in the UK, came with van sides (which is what people often call them). They are the same length as the 110 SW sides. You will have to trim the seal flange for the Defender style seals but they bolt right on.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 06:13 AM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110

Thanks I did not know that but thought that might be the case

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Old August 22nd, 2019, 09:36 AM
akdefender
james
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
I have installed the Seitz windows in my 110. I do have a tithounus top installed so the side are a little taller and allow for larger windows. I have one large window with my fridge mounted just inside on the passenger side (RHD) I believe the Turns (which look to be seitz clones) are able to be bought in the USA and also have a Canadian distributor as well.

https://www.ternoverland.com/arctic-tern-window

Blair
Do you have pics you can share?

------ Follow up post added August 22nd, 2019 06:37 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy_Andy View Post
Keep a lookout on UK EBay, they come up for sale quite often.
Just looked on there. There's a pair for 500 euros, seems a bit steep though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects