Interesting 134A and R12 Subsitution - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects

Old June 17th, 2019, 11:14 AM
EricTheRed
Eric
1993 Range Rover

Interesting 134A and R12 Subsitution

So I have a 93 RR that is still running an R12 equivilent with really no problems, but there will be a time soon that I will be replacing the compressor. It is starting to show oil around the clutch, so any day I expect a complete failure at that seal. I also have a Defender 110 running the same A/C system as the 93NAS 110. Except it is using 134A. My RRC cools pretty damn nice. No real problems but I drive the 110 way more. That A/C puts out maybe 60F when its around 100F outside. Not too good. So I was talking with a guy this weekend and he mentioned 152A. AKA "canned compressed air". I have been looking this up and it seems way more effecient than 134A. I will be trying it soon in my Defender. Here is a link to some of the information.

https://www.intarcon.com/en/refrigerante-r152a/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 17th, 2019, 12:02 PM
Naplm00
M
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

you can also use Duracool r12a
Old June 17th, 2019, 03:00 PM
EricTheRed
Eric
1993 Range Rover

Yes and I have a 30lb. cylinder of it too, but this is supposed to be more effecient. I need to get the condensor to do it's job better so I can get cooler vent temps.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Build-up's, Projects & Registry Profiles > Smaller Projects