New Defender 2020 Release - Page 27 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 17th, 2019, 10:31 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Any you guys going to the 4XFar event in January? Got a personal, heart felt, invited to buy tickets $399/each. Ha! What a joke.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 17th, 2019, 11:31 AM
defenderholty
Russell
1985 LR Ninety 200tdi

Registry
I think the new defender nailed what the new discovery should have been. They missed defender by a mile.
Old October 17th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Junk Show
Ryan
88 RHD LR90

Finally caved and was able to order a fully optioned D90 with the 6 cylinder MHEV. Dealer threw in the winch as a consolation for the front end being such a tragedy and sent me this shot from the assembly line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lego Defender.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	431406  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 17th, 2019, 01:27 PM
Firemanshort
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
Any you guys going to the 4XFar event in January? Got a personal, heart felt, invited to buy tickets $399/each. Ha! What a joke.

Wait..... I thought I was the only one invited. Man... there I was feeling special and all and I had my hand in my wallet ready to shuck out the bucks. Now I am all sour and bitter and will probably out and stay home.
1980 Stage One 109

Sterling, VA
Old October 17th, 2019, 01:40 PM
rwollschlager
Rob Wollschlager
72 SIII 88

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemanshort View Post
Wait..... I thought I was the only one invited. Man... there I was feeling special and all and I had my hand in my wallet ready to shuck out the bucks. Now I am all sour and bitter and will probably out and stay home.
you guys don't want to pay $400 to decorate water bottles?
Old October 17th, 2019, 02:29 PM
trondello
Tom Rondello
None

2020 Defenders are going to be LIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZ123 View Post
I think this is true. No, it will never replace the original Defender, but a modernized version that looks very very capable off-road and on and calls out to the old beast? Seems so.
Very capable for sure! Thats exactly what the Defender Team was challenged with this past year when they took the 110 over and under just about every surface possible.
We are taking orders now and expect them in the spring.
Old October 17th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Vedrover
Alex
1988 Land Rover 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
Why would they ask for $399 when GA ticket is $185 and VIP is $299? (https://www.festivalticketing.com/ca...A/tickets/3812)

Is that a "special LR enthusiast" rate?
Old October 17th, 2019, 03:27 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by trondello View Post
Very capable for sure! Thats exactly what the Defender Team was challenged with this past year when they took the 110 over and under just about every surface possible.
We are taking orders now and expect them in the spring.
Oh boy.
Looks like BlackRangie is back with a new username. At least this time he is admitting he's affiliated with LR.
Old October 17th, 2019, 03:35 PM
trondello
Tom Rondello
None

Hey there fishEH, I am new to this forum. I am a salesman with Land Rover Monmouth. yes, I am always trying to hype our brand for sure and totally love the Defender, past and present. If you are local to the Jersey shore, stop in... BTW I have no idea who blackrangie is
Old October 17th, 2019, 03:51 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Hey there fishEH, I am new to this forum. I am a salesman with Land Rover Monmouth. yes, I am always trying to hype our brand for sure and totally love the Defender, past and present. If you are local to the Jersey shore, stop in... BTW I have no idea who blackrangie is
My advice for you, as a sales rep, is to not plunge into a Defender enthusiast forum and hype your product and potential sales. Many of us have been waiting for 20+ years for a new Defender in NA - we're aware of it. What you could do is offer a true discount on new D's for members of the forum, in the Vendors classified section.
Old October 17th, 2019, 05:07 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
I'd read this full thread and then this one. https://www.defendersource.com/forum.../122905?page=1
That should give you a good feel for your audience here.
As mentioned, a lot of Defender and brand enthusiasts have been waiting a very long time for the new Defender, and a lot of those people are disappointed with what is being sold as the new Defender.
Best of luck to you.
Old October 17th, 2019, 05:15 PM
trondello
Tom Rondello
None

Hey there, Alot of what I do is not necesarly realated to selling Rovers. The Defender Day is like a car show. We want folks who love thier Defenders to show them off. We of course are selling cars, but this event is related to the Defender, not just the 2020 but the ones you folks have, where your hearts are. I love them and love that there is such a strong following of these fine trucks.
Old October 20th, 2019, 03:31 AM
OneZero
OneZero
1995 Defender 110 (300tdi)

The new Defender is obviously very off road capable...more than enough for many weekend warriors who will use it as a status symbol at their local starbucks. It's all about marketing which I understand. I am a sucker for this type of marketing, but after owning an original Defender for a couple years and doing all the maintenance on it, I've turned into an enthusiast of the 300tdi because of its simplicity. All you need is a Haynes manual (or the Britannica Restorations Youtube channel), some tools, and an ebay account for most jobs. I'm oversimplifying it, but you get the point. If you're going to use the vehicle in remote locations for long periods of time (I'm guessing about 1% of buyers) or can't afford to pay for maintenance, then all the electrical gadgets become quite the hassle in the long run. Just my .02 which I'm sure have already been mentioned in some of the pages of this thread that I didn't read.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat