Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old July 9th, 2019, 10:00 PM
WildBoar
Derek Borror
1984 110

Registry
Pulley Tensioner 3.5L V8

Or auxiliary belt tensionier pulley.

Had one of these in my parts bin during my rebuild....cannot find it and of course I need it now! Everyone seems pretty proud of new ones so looking for a used one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	125369-Large.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	422756  
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2019, 10:37 AM
TigerDan
Dan
1991 RRC

There are two versions, only difference is the clamp bolts are on opposite sides. They were also used on RRC up through 1994, 3.5, 3.9 and 4.2. One on the water pump belt and one on the A/C compressor. The one in the above pic is the one for the A/C. You can swap them, but getting to the clamp bolts can be pretty tight, especially if you use the A/C tensioner on the water pump, the bolt winds up right up against the crank pulley.

I have some, but am just about to head out of town till next week and won't have time to dig them out till I get home. If you still haven't found one by then, let me know.
1995 D90 project
1961 SII
Old July 10th, 2019, 11:14 AM
WildBoar
Derek Borror
1984 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerDan View Post
There are two versions, only difference is the clamp bolts are on opposite sides. They were also used on RRC up through 1994, 3.5, 3.9 and 4.2. One on the water pump belt and one on the A/C compressor. The one in the above pic is the one for the A/C. You can swap them, but getting to the clamp bolts can be pretty tight, especially if you use the A/C tensioner on the water pump, the bolt winds up right up against the crank pulley.

I have some, but am just about to head out of town till next week and won't have time to dig them out till I get home. If you still haven't found one by then, let me know.
Many thanks Dan! I will keep in touch with you about this. For clarity, this is for my water pump tensioner on my 3.5. Safe travels!
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2019, 10:08 PM
WildBoar
Derek Borror
1984 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerDan View Post

Hey Dan, circling back to see if you are back in town. Still need one of these if you have one. Ordered one from the UK and all i received was an empty padded envelope. Apparently thats all they did to "pack" it. And now it is laying on the floor of some DHL warehouse!

Let me know. Thanks! Derek
Old August 2nd, 2019, 06:56 AM
KGH
Real Name
'13 110SW,'87 127,’85 110PU...

Registry
Also used on early 200Tdi power steering bracket. It attaches to the bracket on front of pump, and that particular design does not have the adjustable bracket to tension belt, so this tensioner is the only method to do so.

Not offering up mine , just giving you another avenue to explore.
Old September 1st, 2019, 10:58 AM
TigerDan
Dan
1991 RRC

Sorry, was away from home again for three weeks and didn't see your last post on this. Just going through some old emails and trying to get caught up. I presume you've gotten one by now?
1995 D90 project
1961 SII

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted