Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Mizzou Blake
Blake Schleider
None

'94 or '95 ST D-90

Hello,

I've recently moved from Missouri to Nashville, TN and would love to acquire a D-90. I finally am out of college and have a garage to tinker with the truck and give it all the love that is associated with the vehicle.

I have a daily driver 3 series that is paid for and gets the majority of my miles, but I have wanted a d-90 since I turned 16. This will be a second vehicle / project truck.

That being said I'm working on starting my second business and would rather not spend a fortune on the toy. I have just been itching for one and am finally in the position financially to pay for a hobby not just a vehicle.

Anyway, thanks in advance guys. I know y'all are extremely knowledgeable and helpful after lurking on these forums for several years.

- Blake

Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:50 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Budget, color, NAS (I'm assuming), stock or built up, proximity, miles, prefer clean title, A/C required, rust (zero, a little, needs patching, needs replacing), etc. - answer all those, and probably a few more.

There are some great trucks with 120k miles and up that have been well cared for, in decent condition (frame and body), that pop up here all the time. Keep your eye on the For Sale - Vehicles and Flea Market sections of this forum. Better yet, sign up to receive notifications when a new vehicle is added.

I hadn't realized this one sold until now, but I really liked this one:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32721

Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
scoutsout
Jason
NONE

I'm in the same boat man, I keep my eye open everyday for something. I'm almost ready to just buy a wrangler out here in Hawaii to last me 2 years until I get back to the states. The frustrating thing is that every truck I called the owner on, were already sold. From browsing through the classifieds here I saw at least 4 trucks from the November to February time frame that I would have bought in a second, just to scroll through 4 pages of posts to find out its sold already, crushing.... Every once in a while a $20k truck will pop up thats not bad at all, but someone usually buys them to turn around and resell for 5-10k more. Early bird definately gets the worm on Defenders. Good luck man!
Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:49 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Yeah, but the good news is that this site and Craigslist are the two best places I've seen for "deals" if you equate super cheap trucks to being deals (which is not necessarily the case). Personally, I've seen $22-26k as the sweet spot for D90s that have been good drivers, minimal rust (by far one of if not the most important features), but with some higher miles. Some of the cleanest trucks just have higher miles on them, and therefore do not demand the high prices of their less used/lower miles brothers.

The plus side to this site, is that at least on here they'll eventually say "sold" on the thread; whereas there are trucks that stay on CL FOREVER as the owner was just too lazy to delete their ad.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
scoutsout
Jason
NONE

I agree with everything you said Josh. I've definately come accross some very clean higher mileage trucks, the problem is they're not in that sweet spot. On principle I just can't spend 30k or more on a high mileage truck that is a third vehicle and a toy. However, if the market brings that, then maybe its just not meant to be!
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
sirjond
Jonny
1995 D90 ST Alpine White

NOT MINE- Check this one out. Not bad mileage. I bet you can get him to come down on price.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/2952466672.html

------ Follow up post added April 23rd, 2012 05:24 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjond View Post
NOT MINE- Check this one out. Not bad mileage. I bet you can get him to come down on price.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/2952466672.html

Another one...double the miles, 2k less.

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/2899220936.html
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:57 PM
Mizzou Blake
Blake Schleider
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Budget, color, NAS (I'm assuming), stock or built up, proximity, miles, prefer clean title, A/C required, rust (zero, a little, needs patching, needs replacing), etc. - answer all those, and probably a few more.

There are some great trucks with 120k miles and up that have been well cared for, in decent condition (frame and body), that pop up here all the time. Keep your eye on the For Sale - Vehicles and Flea Market sections of this forum. Better yet, sign up to receive notifications when a new vehicle is added.

I hadn't realized this one sold until now, but I really liked this one:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32721
Budget > or = 25,000 but I'm open to spending less
NAS - preferred
Color - Red/Yellow are favorable but beggars aren't choosers
Stock or built - No preference
Proximity would be great - Surrounding states
Clean title would be ideal
A/C - No requirement but it would be nice to have
Rust - the more rust on the vehicle the less I'm interested in it.

Miles - Don't care too much, I'm sure the trucks on this site are well cared for. However if from an unknown source the lower the miles the better. I'm sure it will be hard to wrangle a d90 in my budget with 50k miles. I've been watching these for years and know that it has happened but it was probably a fluke.

That should answer most questions.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:26 PM
scoutsout
Jason
NONE

Theres a yellow for 23500 I think, on the Fredericksburg, va craigslist. Red and yellow are easy, for sale everywhere. Naturally its the two colors I don't like haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
90, 95, d-90