Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 21st, 2008, 10:56 AM
spicoli
Jeff Spicoli
2004 Disco

Arrow Anthony Simoneau

Discoweb patiently awaits your response. If anyone on the board can contact him it would be greatly appreciated.

http://discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48774

Old July 21st, 2008, 11:00 AM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

Why not post the full story so other people don't had to wade through all the posts in there;

You bought a 2004 G4 from this guy, he said it had dual TTs, lower gearing and HD axle shafts... after you took delivery of the truck, you noticed that it had none of the above options. The seller is now avoiding you, and has suggested that he doesn't care.

1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2003 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old July 21st, 2008, 11:07 AM
spicoli
Jeff Spicoli
2004 Disco

Yes. Those are basically the cliff notes. I'm trying to piece something together for the members here. Tough from my phone and I apologize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelpain
After much advice, this is the description of my 2004 G4 edition Land Rover Discovery II up for sale. Interior and exterior in mint condition. Never trailed hard and only 45k miles on her. Comes with the 4.6 V8, CDL, TC, ac, pw/pdl, cruise, tilt wheel, am/fm/cd, dual zone climate control, dual moonroofs, floor mats throughout,(even cargo area) mud flaps, black interior, OEM A-bar with OEM offroad lights, even a G4 tire cover! The accessories include; Safety Devices wilderness rack, 4 HELLA offroad lamps, OEM cargo ladder, Cargo slide awning, NEW BF Goodrich M/T 265/75/R16 tires, OME 2" lift HD springs, OME HD shocks, OME steering stabilizer, RW HD Steering arm, TT Diffs front and rear, HD axles front and rear, Tow hitch, ICOM 2m ic208H (ham radio), Black diamond antenna. Only thing this rig needs is a winch / winch plate and brakes changed to DBA's to make it complete. I have receipts for vehicle since new, clear carfax and this vehicle was on the cover of LRM Feb 2005. Only 250 in North America. This one sure to not disappoint. Only reason I am selling is for another project. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE..If I ommitted anything about this vehicle; SHOOT ME!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reelpain
I thought I had? I didn't realize the TT/axles were the most important feature on my G4!? How about the fact its a G4, Low miles, NEW tires, lift, 2m Icom, Safety devices rack, CDL, etc?? The thing went almost anywhere stock with the 2" lift! But you guys all seem to know best? So why is nobody buying? LOL..
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSQ
Reportedly, this truck also has 4.11s, dual TTs and HD axleshafts.
This was confirmed by Tony as well after I called him...

But.... After getting the truck home and looking it over I was able to see the stock open diffs through the fill holes and it also looks as though the diffs have not been out of the truck. The sealant appears factory original. Which leads me to believe the R+P are stock as well.

I came through with everything on my end and bought this sight unseen based on your word. So WTF is up with this shit, Tony??? What is the real deal on this?

Edit - According to him in our conversation the diffs were TT with 4.11 gears and Longfields up front(not sure on the rears) and they were installed by his local rover mechanic.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

yeah but... your dad is a TV repair man and has an ultimate set of tools. You can fix yourself.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
yeah but... your dad is a TV repair man and has an ultimate set of tools. You can fix yourself.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat