Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   Misc. Chit-Chat (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f14/)
-   -   110 color advice (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f14/110-color-advice-8836.html)

ECR July 7th, 2006 12:32 PM

110 color advice

Need some helpful suggestions for the color of the new shop 110...
Initially I thought AA Yellow, but I've already seen it done... little help???

steved90 July 7th, 2006 12:36 PM

what about the willow green?!

i always thought that would look sweet on a 110. my father owns an automotive paint company and i was very tempted to paint mine that color, but decided to keep it original.

WhiteD90 July 7th, 2006 12:55 PM

I've always liked the Camel Trophy color...light mustard or faded yellow whatever you call it. That and Conniston Green are distinguishing rover colors in my mind.

Tis

thewap July 7th, 2006 12:59 PM

I would have to say Arles Blue. The rarest color of all D90s!:cool:

OR!--> if you guys want something bold! How about Safari zebra? steeped in the Rover safari tradition, and always
outrageous looking. Looks really great when it is done well! :)

Then again why not something really unique? white with safety yellow zebra stripes, and black ECR logo---OH YAS!

GeoParth July 7th, 2006 01:01 PM

i am partial to a dark gray

Ragland July 7th, 2006 01:07 PM

Stick with a solid, non-metallic color. These look best on Defenders, imo, not the new colors LR is offering. There are some sharp grays and blues I have seen while traveling. Very purposeful appearing tones. In addition to the Conniston, there is always the classic Bronze green.

For a custom color, I have thought about something similar to Conniston or Bronze, but with more black - a very deep green. For a RRC, the same but with blue instead. Again, both solids.

evilfij July 7th, 2006 01:22 PM

Java green like the 94 hella edition truck. Or woodcote, I like that.

kellymoe July 7th, 2006 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dont know the color name but the light pastel green like this. You just dont see that color on 90's or 110's too often.

ECR July 7th, 2006 01:36 PM

I'd like to do a color we haven't done yet.
We've done, and I know of other, Consiton Green Wagons, so not that one. We've also done Arles Blue.

Willow green was on the top of my list but the shop guys said no. Might be an "over rule" coming there.

Keep the ideas coming and we'll hit a winner.

Yellow with Zebra would be killer... but the locals thought ECR4 (yellow, blue and white) was out there.. imagine the yellow zerba. :) :)

I like Bronze Green and greys, but I want to keep it more "civilian" in look.

I alwys wanted to do a CT 110, but I want to do it for a customer... I don't want to drive a CT 110 clone everyday.

Bowtracer July 7th, 2006 01:38 PM

The Orange color on the new rr's with pearl ghost flames! NON traditional but BITCHIN!

ECR July 7th, 2006 01:40 PM

I just don't know if the "wavy" body of a 110 is going to look good in a really shiny base clear metallic like that. Would be cool to ghost in an ECR logo with a pearl though. :)

roverboy July 7th, 2006 01:43 PM

satin black. satin black would look killer. not quite flat, but not shiny either. seen it done on a few bikes. killer. black wheels, black rock sliders, wing tops, roll bars, tinted windows....sick, sick, sick.

Bowtracer July 7th, 2006 01:45 PM

throw in different size flake?
I am not sure anyone would see the wavyness because they would be drooling too bad!!
ecr thing would be very cool.

dmarchand July 7th, 2006 01:47 PM

Poppy Red or Rowan Brown.

http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk/color.html

Bowtracer July 7th, 2006 01:47 PM

satin black. satin black would look killer. not quite flat, but not shiny either. seen it done on a few bikes. killer. black wheels, black rock sliders, wing tops, roll bars, tinted windows....sick, sick, sick.

Its pretty common here. I supposed if it were a Hurst with a Keith Black Hemi! ROCK ON!

JimC July 7th, 2006 01:54 PM

Its gotta be Willow Green with white top or else Tangiers orange. Either one with a full satin black SD cage would look fab.

Rod Hayward July 7th, 2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellymoe
Dont know the color name but the light pastel green like this. You just dont see that color on 90's or 110's too often.

I love that color too! It reminds me of a color they put on Dodge Powerwagons back in the day.

If I were to go out on a limb I would suggest something like a deep black cherry kind of a color.

Gkase July 7th, 2006 01:57 PM

How bout a Navy Blue like the old WWII Corsairs had...lotsa black in it I think...solid color for a solid vehicle

Hans July 7th, 2006 02:12 PM

More civilian looking? I guess a North African Caunter scheme camo job from WWII is out of the question. Good, it will let me be unique if I ever get a lightweight and do that to it. And I have reprints of the original patterns, as well as color chips too :naughty

But what about maybe painting it in an Operation Telic scheme like a Wolf from 2003.

-Hans

Roadsiderob July 7th, 2006 02:18 PM

I'm partial to an electric blue....or go with the satin black....you could start a whole "rat rover" trend.