Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   Misc. Chit-Chat (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f14/)
-   -   I NEED More Ammo To Convince The Wife I/We NEED A Defender NOW (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f14/i-need-more-ammo-to-convince-the-wife-i-we-need-a-defender-now-73672.html)

shogunade October 8th, 2016 01:28 PM

I NEED More Ammo To Convince The Wife I/We NEED A Defender NOW

Im frantically looking for my Defender NOW because of two reasons:

1. The is just so low, we won't possibly ever see this kind of buying power across the pond again.

2. The rollout of the new Defender within the next couple of years will most likely only increase the value of these cars, if the DC10 and subsequent iterations under Gerry McGovern's eye is any indication.

Did this seem convincing enough to tell the wife? It'd be a good plan to have more. What else I could tell her?

speedpin October 8th, 2016 01:30 PM

Chick's dig them... wait..might not help

LuisC October 8th, 2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedpin (Post 773218)
Chick's dig them... wait..might not help

This argument works for me.
Oh, wait! I'm not married. But the argument still sounds good for my situation.

Does she dig investing? It's an investment with better returns than CD or savings account.

phoenix37 October 8th, 2016 01:50 PM

send her this..

Traded my 110 for a Saracen - Defender Source

shogunade October 8th, 2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix37 (Post 773221)

So I tell her, "Babe, just be lucky I'm not into this Saracen sht." --worth a shot.

Naplm00 October 8th, 2016 03:03 PM

Easy to park. Drive up on curb then back down aka Puerto Rican curb dive

smob October 8th, 2016 04:12 PM

Perhaps when NYC constantly floods because of global warming and hurricanes, you need an Urban Assault Vehicle that resists rust.

Hmm.

GuamPilot October 8th, 2016 04:19 PM

Does your wife like drawing attention? Carrie and I are approached by people all the time with comments and questions about our Defenders.

Little kids stop and wave!

You see our tag line below, "Don't buy one if you're shy!"

Mike & Carrie

chuckc4 October 8th, 2016 05:29 PM

Umm, unless she is supporting you, don't ask for permission.

Tarheeld October 8th, 2016 05:35 PM

Get her a German Shepherd puppy, you'll get your Defender!

REDrum October 8th, 2016 05:53 PM

Why do you need to convince, do you need her finacial input?

Or did you bring it up once and did she said no?

People NEED Defenders like people need wooden sailboats. IMO the bucket list aproach to selling is more prudent

xplorUtah October 8th, 2016 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDrum (Post 773266)
People NEED Defenders like people need wooden sailboats. IMO the bucket list aproach to selling is more prudent

This is prob your best approach to convincing someone that needs convincing.

shogunade October 8th, 2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarheeld (Post 773263)
Get her a German Shepherd puppy, you'll get your Defender!

Thats TOO funny you mentioned that. We're in the process of moving down to Baltimore and a Shepherd is one of the options for us.

Tarheeld October 8th, 2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shogunade (Post 773271)
Thats TOO funny you mentioned that. We're in the process of moving down to Baltimore and a Shepherd is one of the options for us.

You could not go wrong with a German Shepherd. Stick to the Fells Point area if your moving down here.

shogunade October 8th, 2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarheeld (Post 773273)
You could not go wrong with a German Shepherd. Stick to the Fells Point area if your moving down here.

We're going where theres a garage space for the 110. :whistling:

LuisC October 8th, 2016 07:08 PM

Good job preplanning. Does it come with a doghouse for those nights you might have to spend outside?

chuckc4 October 8th, 2016 08:34 PM

Wait, moving to Baltimore changes everything. Get it without asking for permission. Then, ask for forgiveness!

Seriously, if your commute will allow you to be comfortable driving a Defender, it is a viable option--as long as you have a backup plan in case it starts acting like a Land Rover. If you just want a second car for fun, and you have the money, get it.

Don't use "investment value" as "ammo", unless you want to put off asking for forgiveness until sometime in the future--you may be eating your words.

Tell your wife Defenders are fun to drive. Tell her there is a great community of owners all over the country, and especially concentrated in the mid atlantic area of the US. Work the future Defender into stuff you already so together. Tell her about all of the cool events and show her pics from some of the online event coverage.

REDrum October 8th, 2016 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckc4 (Post 773298)
. Work the future Defender into stuff you already so together. Tell her about all of the cool events and show her pics from some of the online event coverage.

This is very good too, camping, exploring, delivering the two of you to remote beaches for long walks....

Just make sure she dosn't get any sense of what it costs to replace a rotted bulkhead or you be driving a mini van the rest of your life

chuckc4 October 8th, 2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDrum (Post 773299)
mini van

Oh, the HORROR!

Rocky October 8th, 2016 08:55 PM

She'll get to travel to far off places with you, and see sights she never planned on seeing......