Defender Source Forum banner

Engine Crane

Tags
engine
1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  pitchrollyaw 
#1 ·
Looking for any feedback on foldable engine cranes.
In the middle of a house move so need to move a couple of engines and transmission onto a trailer and then off at the other end. An engine swap on the books shortly also.

Issue is, much of the online feedback shows that most cheap CAD$400 cranes are dodgy, with bolts and hydraulic pumps failing. I guess it would be the answer to change out to grade 8 or structural fasteners and pins. Maybe install a decent cylinder.

Would love to buy a locally manufactured one, but at close to CAD$5000 for a Hein-Werner unfortunately I cannot justify it.

Eric.

#4 ·
I have the same one (only from Summit Racing....for more money). The throw is long enough for trucks, and I lifted the engine, trans, and transfer case at once. Also used it to hold the engine while I pressure washed it prior to disassembly.

#9 ·
Another vote for the 2ton. Nice thing about the larger capacity is that you can have the load out further on the crane... Great for lifted trucks and pulling engine/tcase/Trans together.

The 1ton will have half the weight capacity at the furthest point out on the crane.

I had the hf 2 ton folding for about 6 years, sold it when I sold my place... Never failed me... Seen here with a fresh 200tdi on a load leveler

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.