Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   For Sale - Vehicles (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   Soon to come 97 D90 arles blue (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f8/soon-to-come-97-d90-arles-blue-68993.html)

rayfi March 6th, 2016 09:14 PM

10 Attachment(s)
I will be selling my 97 NAS D90 soon. I have been building it for ten years. Every part has been dipped, coated or galvanized. I bought this out of Katrina so it has a flood title. Carfax shows under 30k miles. I dipped the Origional frame and had it galvanized. Disassembled and repainted in Arles blue and the interior is rhino lined. I ditched the v-8 and put in a low mile defender 300 TDI with a five speed. New clutch, timing belt, rebuilt alternator, water pump, belt tensioner and I had the injection pump serviced. Almost every fastener has been replaced with stainless I also have an endless list of new parts. Including. All Brake calipers Brake rotors OME springs OME shocks All Stainless brake lines Master cylinder Clutch cylinder Heater box assemble Heater matrix All lights IPE headlights Wire harness All door handles New windshield Stainless tank cradle Radiator Intercooler Front bumper Rear bumperets Exhaust Wiper motor All switches All gauges New windshield The seats and cubby are in great shape. And the top is,,,,,, pretty good. I'd like to get 45,000 as is. Interested? Email me Dmoeller@marseefoods.com

1of40 March 7th, 2016 07:24 AM

That's a ton of blood, sweat and gears. GLWTS!

don March 7th, 2016 08:41 AM

The best color on a Defender. Seems like a great deal - GLWTS!

rijosho March 7th, 2016 09:01 AM

Is there a build thread? I've mostly seen just Wanted and For Sale Parts threads the past few years with a pic or two of the truck in the background. Is it currently titled? Any interior shots?

rayfi March 7th, 2016 10:10 AM

Currently titled in Oregon with a Flood brand

Interior shots to come.

rayfi March 7th, 2016 11:42 PM

Sold.

down_shift March 7th, 2016 11:46 PM

Congrats

Raddy March 7th, 2016 11:56 PM

that was fast! congrats on sale!

RBBailey March 7th, 2016 11:56 PM

Whoever got this -- good on you! I saw this truck a year ago, and it's fantastic!

You're still building another for yourself, right?

Olde Lode Lane March 8th, 2016 01:29 AM

Curious to know what this went for...

popeohana March 8th, 2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olde Lode Lane (Post 721072)
Curious to know what this went for...

Considering that it sold in about a day, it likely went for asking or pretty damn close.

Congrats to seller and buyer, looks like a great truck in the best color!

1of40 March 8th, 2016 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popeohana (Post 721075)
Considering that it sold in about a day, it likely went for asking or pretty damn close. Congrats to seller and buyer, looks like a great truck in the best color!

I agree. The time and effort most would need to put into this is significant. It moving fast hopefully is a good sign that both parties are happy and content.

Exactly what this site/community is capable of and best at.

rijosho March 8th, 2016 09:23 AM

Congrats. Can we still see more pics?

Chip March 10th, 2016 04:19 PM

That's a beautiful truck. I hope it went to someone who's going to keep it and appreciate the work you did and not a dealer who'll just turn around and list it for twice the price.

Nomar March 10th, 2016 10:30 PM

Well, if the seller got his asking price and is happy... then it would be the old flipper narrative.

Most of the time I think Defenders are over valued; I think this one was probably worth more...

Very nice build indeed.

xjahx July 11th, 2016 09:11 PM

The boat died this evening, with a new Whaler now on order, and the 1993 110 returns this week after nearly 2 years with Brewie. So, does anyone want this?

Specs per above.

Additional work since I have owned:
-OEM BF Goodrich AT with 80% life
-Upper housing r380 and gate springs replaced
-All fluids changed
-Extra set of brand new 1/2 doors, Arles blue purchase from Derek at time of sale.
-Corrosion X Heavy Duty applied within and throughout

Price: I will sell for a break even.
-Vehicle purchases at asking price $45k
-Extra set of doors - $500
-Shipping to the East - $1250
-Tires and housing components - $650
Total: $47,500

Title status - PA clear / clean title in hand with no brandings despite prior flood brand. G-d love this fine state.

Work remaining: all pieces present, but will require finish wiring of dash gauges. I have put approximately 1k miles on her.

Location: Martha's Vineyard, but I will transport to Woods Hole and have access to a hauler who provides excellent pricing.

xjahx July 11th, 2016 09:30 PM

To clarify:

Truck is 100% running. I have put maybe 1k miles on it since owing.

Work to be done:
-Connect senders to lower wiring harness, trace to upper harness, connect to all new VDO gauges.
-install rock sliders; I have a brand new set from RN.
-install center cubby (included)
-install door cards if so desired (included)
-and a few other odds and ends.

Will shoot more photos tomorrow. You have not seen a 1997 this clean since new in 1997. Derek did everything right.

Avahdani July 12th, 2016 12:16 AM

Is this for 97 or 110?

D90rovin July 12th, 2016 12:20 AM

I would think this is for the 97 Arles

xjahx July 12th, 2016 09:17 AM

Yes, 1997 Arles 90. Photos this afternoon.

To clarify, NO AC, but the LHD 300tdi A/C complete kit is available from RN - Model #: RNAC300

Thanks for the interest.