Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   Misc. Chit-Chat (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f14/)
-   -   Cool vid (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f14/cool-vid-62815.html)

Burke June 9th, 2015 04:38 PM

Cool vid
 
Love Petrolicious. Not sure if it's been posted yet.

http://youtu.be/tXzvx7Y5G4g

Paul K June 9th, 2015 07:31 PM

Yep. Not sure about the reliable, cheap part though.

Chicky had a sweet ass too.

icnsltmfg June 9th, 2015 08:27 PM

Not sure I like the idea of being in Mexico with an open top and door that can't lock....

D90Overkill June 9th, 2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul K (Post 645744)
Yep. Not sure about the reliable, cheap part though. Chicky had a sweet ass too.

Heard that!

rijosho June 9th, 2015 08:49 PM

Those guys were in the ROVERS mag a couple of months ago. I'm still confused why they don't have a tire carrier. They both have Instagram accounts. We have a dedicated thread somewhere around here.

wmatos1001 June 9th, 2015 08:58 PM

That was really well done and I thought the guy narrating had some really good points. I think most of us that have Land Rovers can relate to a lot of what he was saying. The simplicity of the car and how it results in a yearning to get out there and explore. I know some people say Land Rovers aren't reliable at all and I know why they say that because let's face it they are prone to problems. That being said I think that is different than reliable. Yes my Defender has needed a lot of work and TLC and upkeep but it has never failed me. It gets me where I want to go and back. At the end of the day what more could you ask for.

Real cool piece, great footage and makes me want to get down to South America and do some exploring!

curry June 9th, 2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rijosho (Post 645761)
Those guys were in the ROVERS mag a couple of months ago. I'm still confused why they don't have a tire carrier. They both have Instagram accounts. We have a dedicated thread somewhere around here.

+1 for where's the tire carrier dude? Can I have it if somebody didn't steal it?

wmatos1001 June 9th, 2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curry (Post 645768)
+1 for where's the tire carrier dude? Can I have it if somebody didn't steal it?

It's Mexico, trust me it was stolen. That and it looks like their rear speaker boxes were nicked too. Bet they would take the NAS roll cage if it wasn't bolted down ;-)

rtgoldenb June 9th, 2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmatos1001 (Post 645769)
It's Mexico, trust me it was stolen. That and it looks like their rear speaker boxes were nicked too. Bet they would take the NAS roll cage if it wasn't bolted down ;-)

He doesnt have door cards or dash panel vent trim either. Maybe he's got the tire carrier, speaker boxes and those in a warehouse here in NOLA.

LuisC June 10th, 2015 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmatos1001 (Post 645769)
It's Mexico, trust me it was stolen. That and it looks like their rear speaker boxes were nicked too. Bet they would take the NAS roll cage if it wasn't bolted down ;-)

That happened to Sam Simpson from Houston. We were at some Mayan ruins in Orange Walk and someone reached into his 90 and swiped his winch kit which was in a small duffel strapped under his seat. They cut the strap.

D90Overkill June 10th, 2015 02:33 AM

Beautiful video. Naive as hell, but beautiful nonetheless. All his wheels had double locking lugs. Says something.

vtlandrover June 10th, 2015 05:39 AM

Great views - although my favorites were the close-ups of the wear-marks on the driver's floor and the shift lever. Great patina all around.

Cheers to a 17-year relationship!

Burke June 10th, 2015 08:58 AM

I noticed the ass as well.

D90Overkill June 10th, 2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burke (Post 645839)
I noticed the ass as well.

It certainly can't hurt in a 17 year relationship! Or was that with the rover? ;-)

Ren Ching June 10th, 2015 09:41 AM

FYI, the ass comments are in poor taste. This board really is going downhill.

D90Overkill June 10th, 2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtlandrover (Post 645803)
the wear-marks on the driver's floor and the shift lever. Great patina all around.

Ironically, I have an identical wear pattern on the shifter stalk of my '95! I always figured it was random, but now I'm not so sure. It's not as if there is anything it could have worn against.

Overlander June 10th, 2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D90Overkill (Post 645797)
Beautiful video. Naive as hell, but beautiful nonetheless. All his wheels had double locking lugs. Says something.


Noticed that.

Nomar June 10th, 2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ren Ching (Post 645847)
FYI, the ass comments are in poor taste. This board really is going downhill.

I concur... weak.

His ponytail was really distracting me from all the reliability talk...


.

RX6RCROL June 11th, 2015 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ren Ching (Post 645847)
FYI, the ass comments are in poor taste. This board really is going downhill.

Agree.

cbfritz_03 June 11th, 2015 11:08 PM

I like that they both mirrored what the other was saying and share the same world view. Seeing like minded folks is always nice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.