Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   Wanted (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f10/)
-   -   5 door 110 tub on west coast (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f10/5-door-110-tub-on-west-coast-59316.html)

J. Pound January 24th, 2015 01:50 PM

5 door 110 tub on west coast

Hey all, shot in the dark here, but looking for a 5 door 110 tub for an up and coming defender build. If prefer it be a 110 specifically(not a 109) so I don't have to modify the arches. Anyone on the west coast have one? I'm in California, but will be driving up to portland in 4 weeks, so willing to make that work. If not, I will consider an east coast tub, but shipping is crazy money, so not my first choice! Let me know whatcha got.

One Ten January 24th, 2015 02:08 PM

Try Brian at Northwest Defenders. He's in Gig Harbor, Washington. That's semi close to where your going

J. Pound January 24th, 2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Ten (Post 602251)
Try Brian at Northwest Defenders. He's in Gig Harbor, Washington. That's semi close to where your going

Yeah, I know Brian! Good dude. I'll get ahold of him😉

J. Pound January 24th, 2015 07:19 PM

Brian is a negative at the moment. Anyone else??

TigerDan January 25th, 2015 03:11 AM

Change of plan Jeremy, or just exploring options? BTW, Steve says hi. Just brought him my 4.0.

chris snell January 25th, 2015 03:38 AM

Try Doug Shipman (Ship's Mechanical) in Portland. It's a stretch--he's an awesome guy and a LR parts hoarder but maybe not so much a hoarder of the big Defender body pieces.

Did you talk to Brian about importing from the UK on one of his regular containers? It wouldn't make your timeline but if you can't find what you need on the west coast, it's probably your best option.

J. Pound January 25th, 2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerDan (Post 602466)
Change of plan Jeremy, or just exploring options? BTW, Steve says hi. Just brought him my 4.0.

No change in plans. Like you said, "just exploring options." You know me, I'm not against modifying the 109 tub, but just trying to make the project move along as quickly as possible.
Steve told me all about it! Dan to the rescue!

------ Follow up post added January 25th, 2015 09:07 AM ------

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris snell (Post 602467)
Try Doug Shipman (Ship's Mechanical) in Portland. It's a stretch--he's an awesome guy and a LR parts hoarder but maybe not so much a hoarder of the big Defender body pieces. Did you talk to Brian about importing from the UK on one of his regular containers? It wouldn't make your timeline but if you can't find what you need on the west coast, it's probably your best option.

Doug is actually the reason I'm going to Portland in the first place😉 I'm still waiting for a response from him on a tub, but Brian doesn't have one in. He did mention importing one, so still waiting on a timeline and price on going that route. I'm just trying to get ahold of one by the time I make the 11 hour drive up north without making it a logistical nightmare.

airbornrover January 25th, 2015 11:09 AM

I know its a long distance but Safarihp might have one or the guys from the carolinas might have one. I remember someone on here had a few rear tubs for sale.

J. Pound January 25th, 2015 11:27 AM

Yeah, I'm sure Safari has one, but shipping will more than likely kill any deal.

airbornrover January 25th, 2015 05:50 PM

Never know till you ask.;)

rherl January 25th, 2015 07:23 PM

Let me check on a couple of things. I may have one the I could part with. Not perfect but 80%. I am trying to decide if I'm going to source new. I'm in Utah so not a huge distance.

J. Pound January 25th, 2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rherl (Post 602607)
Let me check on a couple of things. I may have one the I could part with. Not perfect but 80%. I am trying to decide if I'm going to source new. I'm in Utah so not a huge distance.

Keep me posted.