Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   For Sale - Vehicles (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   1985 RHD ROW County 110 (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f8/1985-rhd-row-county-110-a-57217.html)

1of40 October 22nd, 2014 11:27 AM

1985 RHD ROW County 110

26 Attachment(s)
Posting this for a friend before he throws it up on eBay.

Background: Last year I bought a 110 from a guy in New Zealand that turned out to far exceed my expectations. When buying a truck from the other side of the world and from someone you've only met over the phone and through emails you tend to brace yourself for the worse. Everything about the truck exceeded my expectation, was very nicely done, everything worked as it should and the work was kept to the truck's originality.

Here is some info/pics re another of this guy's, Stu Higgin's, works. When Stu first shared the pics of this 110 and said it was going on eBay I told him I would be happy to post it here on the forum and if there's too little interest then he always put it on eBay later.

Enjoy!

Price: $35,000 shipped to Port of Baltimore

Year: 1985

Engine: 3.5V8

Trans: 4 speed LT95 with factory overdrive

Color: Trident Green

Miles: 62K

Interior: All seat retrimmed in Exmoor's Caviar

Headliner: Excellent condition

Chassis: Excellent condition

Rust Treatment: See pic of receipt. Original owner had a rust proofing product applied one week after purchase.

Doors: Excellent condition

Dash: Excellent condition

Wheels: Powder coated

Tires: New Maxxis 265x75

Fluids: New

Suspension: New bushings

Nomar October 22nd, 2014 12:03 PM

Wow.

That is clean.

Surf90 October 23rd, 2014 01:32 AM

Cleanest row defender I've ever seen. Wow.

bbroderick@gci.net October 23rd, 2014 05:28 AM

I have just sent you an email - thanks.
Brian from Alaska.

1of40 October 23rd, 2014 08:13 AM

Yeah, seems he's done a great job here. Hopefully he doesn't mind me saying he's the stereotypical perfectionist. I think his struggle is where to stop on projects like this. He loves original trucks but also gets a kick out of perfecting them as well. The key he admits is starting with the right base. Inland NZ has been kind to him as he's found some beautiful original trucks.

Clay

Kelbo October 23rd, 2014 10:12 PM

That is a super cool truck.

Beautiful.

nathanwind October 23rd, 2014 11:48 PM

Wow that is unreal. I saw the red truck that Clay got from Stu, and as mentioned above the level of work was superb. Seems this one falls into that same category.

aka rover October 24th, 2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbroderick@gci.net (Post 576132)
I have just sent you an email - thanks. Brian from Alaska.

Welcome to D source Brian this we be a great Alaska rig !

1of40 October 24th, 2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aka rover (Post 576539)
Welcome to D source Brian this we be a great Alaska rig !

Brian, has decided to engage Land Rovers UK. Unfortunately I don't have any first/second hand knowledge or experience with the organization. If anyone does maybe you could PM Brian and give him your insights and pointers from your experiences with LRUK.

Please don't comment on LRUK in this thread. I would like to keep the thread simple for any future viewers.

Clay

bbroderick@gci.net October 24th, 2014 12:37 PM

Fellow Enthusiasts-

Thank you very much for the feedback, Clay. I really appreciate you taking the time to share fabulous photos of the 110 located in New Zealand.
I am looking at engaging Landrovers UK and would appreciate any emails containing insight on this particular group. I started the conversation with the company about four months ago. My future 110 will not be seeing too much pavement but truly be used on the trail. Like I mentioned to Clay, I have owned two 1995 Range Rover classics, a 99 discovery series 2, 2005 HSE, and I currently drive a 1999 P38 that I really enjoy.

Totally new to this forum!

Thank you gentlemen.

aka rover October 24th, 2014 12:44 PM

Brian sent you a PM . If you would like to drive a 110 or 90 both right or left hand drive before you buy , I can arrange that for you . Maybe see what works for you .
Ed

bbroderick@gci.net October 24th, 2014 10:21 PM

Ed-

Glad to hear that you are in Alaska. I will definitely want to connect with you. Just flew to Portland for a wedding, but will gladly call you to discuss. Can you please email me your number again? Looks like it was deleted somehow.

Thank you Ed-
Brian

rijosho October 25th, 2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbroderick@gci.net (Post 576573)
Fellow Enthusiasts- Thank you very much for the feedback, Clay. I really appreciate you taking the time to share fabulous photos of the 110 located in New Zealand. I am looking at engaging Landrovers UK and would appreciate any emails containing insight on this particular group. I started the conversation with the company about four months ago. My future 110 will not be seeing too much pavement but truly be used on the trail. Like I mentioned to Clay, I have owned two 1995 Range Rover classics, a 99 discovery series 2, 2005 HSE, and I currently drive a 1999 P38 that I really enjoy. Totally new to this forum! Thank you gentlemen.

Welcome to the board, but this is a for sale thread and is not the place for this discussion. Additionally, landrovers-UK sucks. Search around.

bbroderick@gci.net October 25th, 2014 11:19 AM

Roger that and thanks for the candid response rijosho.

1of40 October 31st, 2014 03:38 PM

Weekend Bump.

1of40 November 7th, 2014 12:32 PM

Final Bump

fireball November 7th, 2014 02:47 PM

That is a great-looking truck, will be interested to see how much it fetches.

1of40 November 7th, 2014 04:07 PM

20 Attachment(s)
For folks requesting additional pics. Apologies for duplicates I may have posted. Here is a link to all posted via dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2cd0bad1d...fd3Prpiva?dl=0

1of40 December 9th, 2014 08:30 PM

Sold and headed to Park City, Utah very soon. The owner is a busy guy but hopefully he will join us here one day. He'd fit in great and be a great value add to the forum.

Clay

xplorUtah December 9th, 2014 08:40 PM

Cool. Maybe I will get to see it in person. Plenty of 90's & 110's out here but the owners aren't typically very sociable. I will keep an eye out for it.