Defender Source

Defender Source (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/)
-   Misc. Chit-Chat (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f14/)
-   -   Mods - Time for a LR3 Subforum? (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f14/mods-time-for-a-lr3-subforum-52596.html)

down_shift March 24th, 2014 10:04 AM

Mods - Time for a LR3 Subforum?

There appears to be a high percentage of Defender and/or Series owners that also own a LR3. Probably a higher number than any other make of car.

Any thoughts on creating a LR3 subforum? We already have tons of LR3 specific threads and their frequency continues to grow as these trucks age and exchange hands.

Keep the eyeballs here (more $$, too) instead of folks heading to Dweb and the other LR forums.

The Dro March 24th, 2014 10:08 AM

Someone was bitching the other day that this was a D/Series forum...

down_shift March 24th, 2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dro (Post 517700)
Someone was bitching the other day that this was a D/Series forum...

Shouldn't be too hard for the mods to create a subforum opt-out feature to appease the haters at bay.

The Dro March 24th, 2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by down_shift (Post 517701)
Shouldn't be too hard for the mods to create a subforum opt-out feature to the haters at bay.

I love the idea... But there's always naysayers.

Z.G March 24th, 2014 10:35 AM

I understand the want for it, but then you'll have people wanting a Disco subforum, and you don't want us kind of people on here.

rijosho March 24th, 2014 10:55 AM

Maybe change the name of the series technical to metal dash technical, defender technical to soft dash technical, and add air bag dash technical subforum.

leastonce March 24th, 2014 11:03 AM

we should do a survey first ... see what sub-forums would be needed .... if we have LR3's ... why not RRCs ... personally I'd like a forum on Ducati 748r's to help me locate one ... but i think thats a bit off topic!

Ray_G March 24th, 2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z.G (Post 517711)
I understand the want for it, but then you'll have people wanting a Disco subforum, and you don't want us kind of people on here.

Love it!
Technically with an LR3 forum they would have a Disco forum...just happens to be the D3.

Z.G March 24th, 2014 11:04 AM

Well if it goes through I'll start documenting my D1 "build" on it....for science.

rijosho March 24th, 2014 11:10 AM

Maybe just something more broad like "Newer Land Rover Technical Discussions" if one really needs to be added. LR3 is probably too specific especially as more LR4s and RR's and RRS's are making their way into members' garages.

bjf March 24th, 2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rijosho (Post 517725)
Maybe just something more broad like "Newer Land Rover Technical Discussions" if one really needs to be added. LR3 is probably too specific especially as more LR4s and RR's and RRS's are making their way into members' garages.

Good idea horsey

Jymmiejamz March 24th, 2014 11:20 AM

It should be called "Daily Driver Technical Discussions"

Viggen March 24th, 2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rijosho (Post 517720)
Maybe change the name of the series technical to metal dash technical, defender technical to soft dash technical, and add air bag dash technical subforum.

Categories
a) Leaf sprung Rovers

b) Coil Sprung Rovers
1. Defenders
2. D1/ D2/ RRC/ P38

c) Air sprung Rovers

Bill Larson March 24th, 2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSBriggs (Post 517727)
Please no.

They really have nothing in common with with Defenders. Disco1, RRC and series trucks all have a lot in common with Defenders. Hell D2 and P38 even have somthing in comon.

L322, L405 D3, & D4 have nothing in common other than the badge.

-Jeff

Agreed X1000! otherwise start subs for everything...:thumb:

------ Follow up post added March 24th, 2014 10:56 AM ------

"Those" people from "Those " other sites...will be coming over soon...(lol) :(:whistling:

I see some of you guys with the banter on DiscoWeb....we know you're out there....:rolleyes

Grover March 24th, 2014 12:04 PM

Having a D3 as a DD, I love the idea! Over the years I have learn to trust certain D90 Source board member's technical advice.

Roverlab March 24th, 2014 12:04 PM

For the more modern stuff, aka air sprung, I've utilised topix, iATN, and Autologic forums. Basically, the modern Rovers are still nuts and bolts, just with much more oversight to control the functions that are nut and bolted to the package!
There are a lot of smart folks here which is one of the reasons I occasionally post up looking for advice on the modern stuff, and it's usually after I've run through my other resources.
Then, there are the days where carbs and points ignition are refreshing....

Ray_G March 24th, 2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Larson (Post 517744)

"Those" people from "Those " other sites...will be coming over soon...(lol) :(:whistling:

I see some of you guys with the banter on DiscoWeb....we know you're out there....:rolleyes

You see us b/c you're on there looking for tech that goes beyond "do these boosts match my galvy?" questions right?
:)

Let us not forget that the Discovery is the reason why the brand still exists...

jrose609 March 24th, 2014 12:32 PM

How about a small pecker forum so all the people of Irish descent have their own place to post.......

KKilo23 March 24th, 2014 12:33 PM

The line needs to be drawn somewhere or this will soon be the "Land Rover Source."

A "Newer Land Rover Technical Discussions" would be nice as many owners have both and would keep the content more organized... but isn't that was the MISC section is for?

Bill Larson March 24th, 2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray_G (Post 517754)
You see us b/c you're on there looking for tech that goes beyond "do these boosts match my galvy?" questions right?
:)

Let us not forget that the Discovery is the reason why the brand still exists...

No I go there when someone pings me and says...check out what Ray wrote on the DWeb....lol! My needs rarely reach outside boosts and galvy questions...if they do I take it to the local mechanic...;)