Defender Source Forum banner

Stumpy

773 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  michael67 
#1 ·
Ok I have been told conflicting information. Can anyone tell me if you have to replace the tonneau cover ,floorboards and seat box if you use a R380 "stumpy" to replace a lt 77? Isn't it a direct replacement for the lt77?

#4 ·
I just put a stumpy in a 1984 110 a few weeks ago and the tunnel and floors are out (came to me that way). I did a trial fit drop down the floors and tunnel and while it is pretty tight, everything cleared the sheet metal.
The shifter arm and knob are different, but the LT77 ones fit the R380 although the knob is different.
On some of the LT77 setups, the transfer case shift linkage is different, but one from a disco worked fine in the one I did.

#6 ·
Definitely check your transfer case shift linkage. Mine was old and was incompatible with the R380. If I recall.mine had a plate that bolted to the LT77 and a twisted "S" shaped linkage at the transfer case; the new ones have an eyelet that screws into the R380 and a "U" shaped linkage at the transfer case. I had to order the new parts from George @ RDS for about $30.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.